Chapter Twelve- Charlotte

Recap- Andrew's P.O.V.

I let that set in, and I felt my heart, already in two, split completely. Now I had two hearts, and I had to choose one. I had the heart for my best friend, and the heart for my true love. Both had the power to break me, and both were embodied in one girl. If I lose one, I lose the other.

True love, or true friendship?

God help me.

~~~~~~Charlotte's P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of my favorite radio station. One of my favorite songs is blasting directly into my ear cannal. Signalling it's time to start another day. Today is not just any day though, today I meet the love of my love's life. No ordinary day.

I should just forget it all, and just be Andrew's best friend again, as I was before I fell in love with him. Last night though I realized it was too late for that. I didn't fall asleep until around midnight, all the while just thinking about one thing. What to do about Andrew. I still haven't come to a conclusion in particular.

I do know, that today I was going to make a choice. As of now I wasn't sure what, but when opportunity showed itself, I would choose what my heart said. I would not think of the consequences, only the moment. It was all I could do.Choose.

I leaped out of bed, feeling like a girl on a mission. Today was the day, it was now or never. I gave myself of quick pep talk in the mirror, after finishing geting ready. Something big was going to happen today, I just knew it. I finished my little motivational routine, and then grabbed my bag to leave. Andrew was probably already waiting for me. A knot formed in my stomach at a thought that occured to me. How long was this going to last? How much longer would Andrew be waiting outside to take me to school?

I pushed that way. I would just ask him, he was my best friend after all. He owed me some explanations. I shrugged on my windbreaker and readjusted my back pack. I didn't really mind rain, but I never liked getting Andrew's seats wet.

I dashed out the door straight to the waiting car. I pulled at the handle which was usually open for me, but was not locked. I took that as an omen. How long until it's always locked to me. I swallowed hard and collected myself. I knocked on the window, and saw Andrew's figure inside move. He seemed to look surprised to see me. He quickly moved to unlock my door. I quietly slid in. I didn't even say a word.

He was never shocked to see me. He had looked like he was in deep thought and I can only imagine what he was thinking about. I mentally slapped myself. How could I even think something like that of Andrew! I must just be jealous. I pushed a side my little green monster. Then Andrew spoke first,

"Sorry about that. I was just thinking..." he trailed off. I ended the sentence in my own mind. He was thinking of her. I verbalized my thoughts and spoke, trying hard to not let my hurt drip into my words,

"It fine Andrew. Thinking of her?" I almost spit out on the word her, but held it in. I knew he knew to whom I was reffering. I waited as he paused. He seemed to look unsure and then slowly a beautiful blsuh crept to his cheeks. I held my breath as he answered.

"Yes." His blush deepened and it broke my heart a little. He was thinking of her, and that's why he forgot about me.

He looked forward then, he seemed to be avoiding my eyes for some reason. Maybe it was just me, but he didn't look to pleased I was there. He almost seemed to be... ignoring me.

I tried to remain casual, and not let my hurt feeling show through. I was after all, a pretty convincing actress most of the time. I tried to keep my voice level as I spoke, but it came out sounding almost sad,