Love letter

Ma and I were washing the puppy so that she doesn't smell when dada comes. I missed him. He's a NAVY SEAL. While he was away he was with another woman but mommy loves him so much she stayed with him.

"Ma?" I asked softly.

"Yes baby" she answered.

"Will daddy kill the puppy like he did to Muno?" I questioned shyly.

"No mama ." she laughed.

"Good" I said.

"Alright let's dry her up. She can't smell like a wet dog either." she smiled.

I grabbed a towel from the cabinet. When I lifted it there was a paper under it. I took the paper and slipped it in my pocket.

"Honey where's the towel!?" She yell from the room.

"Coming " I yelled back running towards the bathroom.

I handed her the towel and she wrapped the puppy in it and we headed out the bathroom.

"Why don't you go and play outside with her and let her dry up?" She suggested.

I nodded and headed towards the back door. I sat on my favorite rock and took the paper out of my pocket and put it on my lap. And I let the dog out of the towel. I unfolded it and read it.

"PERMISSION OF CUSTODY
THIS PAPER LETS ANGELINA LINETTE RODRIGUES TO HAVE CUSTODY OF VENUS JULIET RODRIGUES AND LETS ROMAN ANDRES RODRIGUES SEE VENUS JULIET RODRIGUES EVERY TWO WEEKS STARTING JUNE 15 1991."

No. This can't be happening. Today is June 1st. I thought mommy and daddy were fine. I guess not. I'm only 12 they can't do this.

"Baby ,the food is ready!" She yelled out the door.

"What's that paper in your hands? A love letter from school?" She smirked leaning on the door.

"Maybe. " I mumbled.

"Come in its time to eat. " she said walking away.

I looked at the paper again.

Yeah a love letter. A love lost letter.