Cerulean blue

"Mommy! Mommy look ! I got a puppy!" I squealed running into the kitchen where my mom was.

"Honey where?" She questioned wiping her hands dry on her apron.

"I went to aunt Ruth's house and I found her in a box in front of the mailbox." I explained as she walked towards me.

"Here!" I squealed handing it to her lightly.

She held her in her hands and sat down.

"Baby," she said calmly putting the puppy in the box and motioning me over to her to sit on her lap.

"Mama?" I replied sitting down on her lap.

"We don't know where this was and it's conditions. I don't know if we can keep it Hun." she said rubbing my back .

"But mama," I said pausing with a tear falling from my eye.

She wiped my cheek with her thumb and set my head on her chest pulling me into a hug.

"I'll see what we can do baby but I want you to be careful. Tomorrow dada's coming home so we can keep it until tomorrow and see what happens . Ok?" She whispered in my ear.

I lifted my head and nodded.

"Now go clean up , I made chicken noodle soup" she smiled. I smiled back and hugged her again. This time longer . I can feel her big heart beat against mine . I love that feeling.

I let go and headed to the bathroom. Once I was nude I looked in the mirror . I notice the puppy had the same eye color as me . Cerulean blue. But like my dad says , heaven.