Theres a first for everything

Chandler

My body was in complete utter shock. how could something so stupid get me into prison this quick, I'm only sixteen. I couldn't stop thinking of Alli that day, her long soft deep brown hair and mesmerizing blue and green eyes that I couldn't get out of my head. I wanted to get my phone call just to hear her voice again but I knew they wouldn't of let me.

I sat in my bunk bed all day staring at the ceiling and twiddling my fingers. I was so nervous to go to the cafeteria and get my lunch so I skipped it. I don't know what kinds of people I should be spending time around here - everyone here is a criminal in some way. I was even classified as one and for 730 days I would be called that name.

My eyes wandered down to my orange jumpsuit and tugged at the ugly thing. I was pretty scrawny cause I could just about swim in the fuckin' thing - I was lanky.

My cell door was open surprisingly so I jumped off the top bunk and put my sandals on, ugly things I wore with my socks. I slugged towards a sign that said library and followed it to the door.

-

7 months later

Alli

Over the majority of five months I've become lonely, depressed - agitated that I'd had given up all hope for chandler. I thought of the poor guy nonstop. I was only aloud to see him once because of my dad.

My dad kicked me out of my own house for a few months because I gave him "attitude". I now am one of the additions to Lieza's house. Today I was going to visit chandler without my dad, I need to see how prisons treating him. he told me last time I came that he didn't want me to see him in the state that he was in. Jake was taking me down today and he was even nervous for me.

I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to help chandler but I'm only fifteen and can barely provide for me alone. today was chandlers birthday and I wanted to get him something so special. It was a stupid idea but I got him a nice deep purple pinwheel shirt and suit pants with a watch and black shoes.

"Allison lets go"! Jake chanted from downstairs.

Did he seriously just call me Allison?

"Coming"! I called back. I raced downstairs and grabbed the gift and my purse off the table. I was half way out the door when lieza stopped me.

"Forget something"? She remarked and pointed towards my clean white keds. I sweeped them up and ran to jakes truck.

"Have fun"! She called when the rusty red truck was leaving the gravel lot.

"Yea whatever! Be back tomorrow"! I waved

.
.
.

It was almost 1:30 in the morning and I swear I could see jakes eyes fluttering closed.

"Hey do you need me to drive"? I shifted my body towards his and tapped my index finger against the seat. he glanced at me for a second trying to read my expression then looked down to my rapidly tapping finger. He was agitated to make my finger stop.

"Umm...no. No I'm just going to get us a hotel room". He lightly smiled. under his fingers he gripped the shifter and with his other hand he gripped harder on the steering wheel. he pulled into the lot of parking spaces and parked right in front of the office. a red open sign hung lit up in the window barely holding onto the strings keeping it up right.

'Aight I'll be back" he assured and dragged his two feet to the brown door I waited in the car surrounded by my own silence and darkness fulfilling the atmosphere. Seconds later and jake comes out the door and plumps himself inside the truck.

"All set to go"! He says.

As if I needed him to take care of me I could've done this by myself but I don't have my full permit yet.

He gestured me outside and I followed him up to the top floor. the door was I think light red but it was so dark I couldn't really tell. When the door opened I flung myself across the room to the bed and slept instantly. I felt the covers being pulled onto to me just before darkness finally clouded my thoughts and mind.

.
.
.

A sound of struggle woke me up this morning. I looked over to see jake cursing to himself. Just when he looked over I blinked my eyes shut. for a second I thought I heard him leave so I peeked my eyes open.

"You faker". He chuckles lightly.

I laugh a little when I remember his struggles.

"I was just going out to get us some breakfast from the buffet downstairs, I'll be back in five, yea"? He practically asks.

"Okay I'll be here". And with that he shuts the door and I'm left in this uncomfortable feeling once again.

Being alone always scared me for some reason. maybe I was afraid of what might happen to chandler if prison fucks with him. or if he gets time added to his sentence. he's like a brother to me - actually everything to me. if something happened to him I think I would mentally and physically go insane, I simply cannot live without his precious face on the earth.

What the hell am I even thinking?

The door loudly creaks open and jake stands there with a bunch of stolen food from the buffet. I laugh at myself for a few seconds. "got us some food". he sheepishly smirks.

"Yeah I can see that" my amusement is clearly written on my face as he passes a blueberry muffin over to me. "Thanks". I smiled widely at him and before you know it we were back on the road at the sight of first sun.

From the hotel it only took about two hours of peaceful silence before we rolled into the parking lot of the penitentiary.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you, you know just for back up"? He asked with a blank look.

"I'm fine I think I can handle doing things on my own". I assured him before trotting off towards the entrance.

Even I didn't believe those pitiful words that I just spoke. I can't even handle killing a puny spider or go anywhere on my own. Everyone knew it but I wanted to deny I was at least as weak as a five year old.

I went to the front desk and asked them all the necessary questions to get me in. the guard directed me to the visitation room and I have her a light smile thanking her. Beyond the gated door I could see the man that I fell for over a year ago.