It Takes A Lot (story 1)

Sherlock sighed, I felt him staring at me. He was staring holes through me, but I held my own. I refused to be walked on. Or spoken to like I was an idiot. Granted, compared to Sherlock Holmes I probably was. His actions were often inexplicable, and he was often stoney and cold. Distant. I had expected that, I mean Christ, it's Sherlock bloody Holmes. But I guess I was just sick of feeling unloved by the man I loved most. Which is why I had invited John and Mary to lunch. Maybe they could help me..
"I'm going out." I muttered, walking to the door.
"Where to?" He inquired, not looking up from the case file he was looking over.
"Just out." I hissed, grabbing my coat and hat from the coat rack. Pulling my hat over my (hair colour) hair, I slipped out the door before he could ask anymore questions. I felt him watch me as I left. I felt bad.

"(y/n)!" Mary hugged me, her rather large pregnant belly getting in the way. I hugged her back, patting the bump her stomach had become. I grinned.
"Still a secret?" I asked, a wide smile on my face. John grinned.
"We think it's a girl." He seemed genuinely happy. That made me feel warm, the fact that everyone has a special someone. My face fell. My someone was a sociopath. A hard, cold, and rather mean sociopath at that.
"(Y/N)? Are you alright love?" Mary asked, looking concerned.
"It's Sherlock. He can be so... So insufferable sometimes. So clueless! I just want to love and be loved, and he won't even do that.. I can't leave him, I love him far too much... But just because I love him doesn't mean I like him all the time!" I stated, pinching the bridge of my nose. I hated feeling so trapped and miserable. And of course I couldn't articulate any of this to him. "I mean, I'd be shocked if he understood why I'm so frustrated.. Does he do it on purpose?" My voice wavered, a lump began to form in my throat. I'd be damned if I'd cry like this.
"Oh (y/n).. Sweetie. He's just peculiar, I know he loves you.." Mary glanced at John, rubbing my back. I saw the worry on their faces. Oh no. Fuck.
"He's gonna break up with me, isn't he? Bloody hell! He's been using me! But for what... I'm not linked to any cases.. What could he be-- that pig!" I got up, hurriedly yanking my coat and hat on. I saw John slip his phone out and hit the send button. That bastard was recording me! "Sod this!" I yelled, slamming a note down on the table and running out of the cafe. I hailed a cab back to Baker Street.
Once inside, I slammed the door open to the flat. Sherlock's violin playing stopped immediately.
"Bleedin' bastard you are!" I screeched, shaking so hard I dropped my bag and coat. I felt hot, wet tears streaming down my face. "You've been using me! Mary and John confirmed it! How could you? You're smart, you knew I loved you, I loved you more than the air I breathed, so you used that to your advantage!" I shouted. I went to slap him, he grabbed my wrists. He looked into my eyes.
"I heard everything. You really think that I would do that? You clearly don't understand then.." He muttered, his face getting closer to mine. "You haven't noticed all the signs? Dilated pupils, increased breathing and heart rate.." Sherlock murmured, getting closer. " I don't just love you, (y/n), you're my world. The reason I wake up is to see you. I crave the way your voice sounds, your lips, the way your body curves. I'm engulfed in you." With that, I felt his lips, soft and powerful, against mine, his grip loosened around my wrists and fell to my waist. I responded by tangling my hands in his curly, black hair. He pulled me closer and oh god did I love every fucking second of it. When we parted, I grinned.
"I'm sorry I doubted you."
"You should be." He smirked.