20

CHAPTER TWENTY

.

.

.

Breaking News

"We are following breaking news coming to us now from London, England," the young anchorwoman looks around, her eyes visibly puffy, most likely from crying as well. She shakes her head as she continues, "A plane that had been transporting this generation's greatest boy band, has crashed."

Teenage girls are seen sobbing from behind her, crying into each other's shoulders and mumbling about how they pray the boys are okay. The anchorwoman presses her finger to her ear and shushes the crowd. She closes her eyes and when she opens them again, she is standing straighter, a frail attempt at feigning strength. "We have just been given new information," it is so silent, the tension too thick. "Harry Styles has died."

Screams. The screaming was so heartbreaking and so loud, that Grace felt her knees grow weak. She dropped to the ground, her head in her hands. She could not believe this.

"What about the other boys?!" Girls asked frantically, nearly mobbing the anchorwoman.

"The others are in the hospital with injuries that doctors believe will heal," she replies.

Harry Styles has died.

"Wait, wait!" The anchorwoman shushes the crowd again. "They found his phone." Grace looked up at this. "His last text was to a girl named Grace and he didn't have the chance to send it," she quickly says.

"What did it say?" Grace yells from her spot on the ground.

'Another broken promise, I'm sorry'