The Jon's Return

"Everyone, I have a bit of an announcement to make," Mr. Walter called from the other room. The other bots, who were hanging out in the other room, sat up and went to go see. That is, except for Rabbit.

"Rabbit, don't you wanna go see what's up?" Hatchworth asked her.

"Nah, I'll stay back," she replied, waving him off. "Too tired to move today." Hatchworth just shrugged and moved on.

Though she was still in the other room, Rabbit tried to listen in on what Mr. Walter was saying. She was only getting bits and pieces of the conversation, though. Something about "golden" and "crystal pepsi" and a "return" of some sorts. What was this guy even talking about? Though she racked her brain, nothing came to mind. Suddenly, a very excited Spine poked his head through the doorway.

"Rabbit," he said, "I think you might want to see this." That sparked her curiosity enough for her to get up.

"This better be good, S-S-Spine," she muttered as she walked into the room. But when she looked up, her question seemed to answer itself. Standing next to Mr. Walter was a face Rabbit hadn't seen in a long time. A golden smiling face with blue eyes and a top hat.

"Rabbit?" He asked slowly.

"J-Jon," she replied breathlessly.

"You look different," he told her.

"Got a few upgrades, what can I say?" She laughed a little. "But it l-l-looks like you did too!" Jon laughed along with her and ran towards her, embracing her in a hug.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you m-more," Rabbit whispered back. Jon laughed again, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"It's real nice to have you back, Jon," The Spine said from his spot by the wall. "Can't wait for more fun with you."

"So you're the guy that took my place then?" Hatchworth asked.

"Yeah! You're, uh... Hatchworth, right?"

"Yup, that's me," he replied, smiling.

"It's a real shame though," Jon continued, "that Upgrade couldn't come with me."

"Upgrade...?" Rabbit said. "Who's that?"

"Wha- you remember her! The pink robot! The pretty one! Remember?" Jon said.

"Pink one?" Rabbit replied. "What p-pink one? Hey Spine, do you r-re-remember a pink robot?" She asked, turning to him. He thought about it for a second.

"No, can't say that I do, Rabbit," he told her, leaning back on the wall.

"No, come on, you gotta remember Upgrade!" Jon cried. "She was pink! Had a dress! Short hair? How could you... forget her? I was in love with her, for crying out loud! I-" he was cut off by Camille and Chelsea pulling him back.

"Uh, Jon," Camille whispered. "I forgot to mention. The others don't remember Upgrade. After she left, we erased her from their memories."

"Wh-what? Why?"

"Painful memories make for pained robots," Chelsea told him. "It's better if they don't remember."

"Did you... erase me too?"

"Yeah. But we put you back last night so that they would remember you when they saw you again."

"I-"

"Please don't tell them," Chelsea begged.

"...Fine. I won't say anything," Jon agreed.

"In any case, it's great to have you with us again," Spine said when they returned. "Let us know if you need anything, okay?"

"Yeah," Jon said, sighing slightly. "I'll do that."