Chapter 7

We end up losing the ambulance and Dallon and Linda in the process. I see a dimly lit corner shop and I sigh and motion Jon to follow me.

"What're we doing?" He asks walking slightly behind me.

"Just be quiet and follow my lead" I say and he nods reluctantly.

I push the door open and the bell chimes. The woman at the front desk looks up and gasps. I walk down one of the isles, ignoring her stutters.

I pick up a few bandanas and some sunglasses.

"What're they for?" Jon asks and I shush him.

"Be quiet" I hiss and he puts his head down. I walk towards the door and place my hand on the handle.

"Hey! Have you paid for those?!" Someone shouts from behind me and I turn around. He freezes when he sees my face.

"No...is that a problem?" I ask and keep looks between me and the items.

"N-No" He barely whispers and I smirk.

"That's good" I smile and leave the shop. I get to the dark outdoors and grab a bandana and tie it around the lower half of my face.

I put the sunglasses on and I walk to the side of the road and hail a taxi.

"What're you doing?" Jon asks as he follows me to the side of the road.

"Jon...If you ask me one more time what I'm doing I swear to Jesus I will kill you" I say and I see fear in Jon's eyes. "Exaggeration" I say and he sighs in relief.

I get into the front seat of the taxi and Jon gets in the back. I tell the driver to go to the nearest hospital and I turn to face Jon.

"I'm going to grab that pouch and throw it to you and you're going to grab as much money as possible right? But not enough that he'll notice before he gets back" Jon nods wearily and I turn to face the front.

"So why're you wearing that bandana?" The driver asks and I shrug tugging the red bandana down slightly but no so much that you could see the smile.

"I dunno.." I reach over to the pouch which was placed next to the gearstick. "I have a messed up face"

I pick it up and discreetly hand it to Jon who took it quickly and stared rummaging through it.

"I'm sure you don't" The taxi driver laughs and I raise my eyebrows, even though he couldn't see.

"Wanna bet?" I laugh and he laughs too.

"Ry" Jon whispers and I turn to look at him. He shows me he has a wad of cash and I smile. I take the pouch back and place it where it was before.

We get to the hospital and Jon hands him a $5 note and he puts it in his pouch. Jon and I get out and rush to into the hospital.

I walk to the receptionists desk and I lean on it.

"How may I help?" She smiles and I tap my fingers on the desk.

"Brendon Urie" I say and she looks up at me and frowns. She opens her mouth to say something but closes it again and types something on her computer.

"Are you family?" She asks and I look at Jon.

"Sure, Why not" I say and she scowls.

"Wait in the waiting room, his family are there" She pointed to a corner where two people were.

I walk over to the crying woman and the man who was trying to calm her down.

"You Brendon's parents?" I ask and they look at me.

"Yeah. Who're you?" His father asks, standing up straight.

"Ryan" I say. "And this is Jon" I point with my thumb to the worried boy behind me. "I'm his roommate" I say and the woman's face turns red.

"Y-you" She shakily pointed at me. "You did this" She says and the father looked at me.

"No! Shut up!" I whisper and and snaps her mouth closed. "Well yes I did this to him but I didn't mean to"

"He hears voices" Jon says and I snap my head around. "If he doesn't take his medicine of course" Jon says and I sigh.

"Yeah sure whatever" I say and the Uries look at each other.

"Sit down" Mrs Urie whispers and I sit next to her and Jon sits next to Mr Urie.

We start talking and before long we realise it's 3am. We'd been talking for just over an hour when I hear footsteps come over to us.

"Brendon is awake now if you want to see him now" The nurse said and we all stand up and follow her to the hospital room.

Mr Urie pushed the door open and we walked in. Brendon looked over.

"Ryan?" He asked and I nod and take off the bandana and sunglasses. Mr and Mrs Urie gape in shock and I smile slightly at Brendon.

"What the did you do to your face?" Me Urie asked and I just turned to face him and he shut his mouth.

"What're you guys doing here?" He asked his parents.

"We came to see you before they take you to the medical ward in Saint Patricks" Oh yeah did I forget to mention the name of the asylum? Well now you know.

"And you?" He asked me and I laugh slightly.

"Came to see how you were"

There was a knock at the door and I turn and see a few police officers and before I know it Jon and I are in handcuffs.