Chapter 17 - Unexpected Outcomes

Okay, deep breaths. I can handle this.  What’s three teenage guys to me? Yeah, so they may be taller and weigh more but that doesn’t mean they have brains. Well, if you take into consideration they hang out with Kyle you know they don’t have brains.

I walk slower, acting as if I don’t have a care in the world. Surveying my surroundings I realise I’m not entirely sure where I am, this part of the village is more run down. As if the life has been sucked out of it. I spot an alley to my left and enter it I put my bag behind a dustbin a few feet away. I search in the debris for a weapon of some sort, a shard of glass, a knife- anything, right now I would take whatever.

I see a gleam of metal in a heap of rubbish and quickly walk towards it, knowing I don’t have much time before they arrive. I move away some rubbish, trying not to think about what has festered here and tug it out of the mound. A metal rod, slightly on the short side but it’ll do.

I hear the footsteps enter the alley way and slide the rod up my sleeve, stuffing my hands into my hoodie. I don’t face them but they can clearly see me, for a second no one moves. I look into the broken mirror I placed by my side where I found the rod. They’re standing in an arrow formation, pointing toward me. The one closest to my height is in the middle, closer than the rest. Second closest is the one to my left and taller. I take a steadying breathe calming myself. It’s not like I haven’t fought someone before.

I close my eyes and imagine.

What’s the best course of action?

Think.

I can take them down. Easily. The one in the middle will approach, in an attempt to be intimidating. He’ll be brash, they always are. You need him to be less than a metre away from you for this to work. Easy does it. Wait. One more step. I slide the rod out of my sleeve and swing it round onto his face, crushing his nose. He’ll clutch his nose, the other two will come closer, come for you.. Kick him where the sun doesn’t shine and while he’s bent over punch the side of his head to knock him out.

One down three to go.

The one on your left will be closer to you, aiming for an attack.  I close the space between us with a round house kick to the head, this’ll make him dizzy, he tries for a punch but misses, how are you going to stop him?  A couple of punches in the stomach, the third is creeping up behind  you. Using the momentum I’ll gain from the punches and spinning on my toes I’ll punch the third too, right in the head. Place the rod against his neck whilst he’s disorientated not allowing him to breathe for a few seconds.

That should wind him perfectly, the second is stirring pulling out a weapon. Gun? No, this isn’t organised crime, the most he would have is a blade. The second pulls a blade out, aims for a slash across your back. I let the third go as soon as he’s unconscious and use my left arm to block his right arm whilst punching his undefended left side with everything I have.  

He crumples to the ground.

 Victory.

Simulation over.

The crunch of gravel brings me back to the present. I snap my eyes back open, preparing for battle, adrenaline pumping through my veins. Taking a steading breath I force myself to wait until the right moment.

He moves a few steps closer.

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

Now.

I slide the rod out of my sleeve and swing it round onto his face, crushing his nose. Shock plastered over his face as I kick him in the balls and punch him. As soon as he falls to the ground, the second approaches faster then I had anticipated. Damn long legs.