Birdseye View of the Butt

Taking a step back, I rested my hands on my hips, surveying my four suit cases full of clothing resting in the back of Lexi's car.

"How are we going to fit all your crap?" I asked, referring to her wardrobe. We had already sent a rented U-Haul truck wit our essential living furniture, dishes, etc. etc.

She smile sweetly, flinging her blond hair over her shoulder and going back to her mobile conversation. "Most of my stuff is already in my dorm. I hardly need to move anything."

A loud bang made both of us jump, and Lexi screamed, putting her arms over her head. I looked around the yard and saw Tucker jumping off the riding lawn mower. He opened the hood and gazed at the engine for a few seconds before taking a step back and kicking the machine.

"What is he doing?" Lexi muttered, holding her hand up to block the sunlight in her eyes.

I didn't answer, but watched as he banged around in the engine for a few minutes and then jumped back on and attempted to restart it. The engine turned over and sputtered for a couple seconds before another loud bang resounded through the yard and the mower died again. After going through some sort of temper tantrum, which involved kicking it a few more times, he turned and began to trudge toward us.

Lexi got off her bum and puffed her chest out, folding her arms in front of her. "Tucker, what'd yo--"

"You need to buy a new lawn tractor before you leave," He grunted, coming up to us.

My sister gave a humorless laugh. "I can't buy a lawn mower. We're leaving in an hour."

Tucker shrugged, looking around. "Guess this place will look like a deserted wasteland then. When you come back, the grass will be taller than you are."

She sighed dramatically. "How much does a lawn mower cost? $300?"

He snorted. "Sweetie, you're talking a hell of a lot more than that."

"Okay, $1,000?"

"Okay, how about you give me $3,000, I'll buy the tractor, and never tell your parents about your boy-toys."

I watched the two interacting, but froze when Tucker mentioned the number of guys Lexi had slept with over the summer. I watched her face carefully as it hardened like a stone. Her unblinking eyes glared at him for a solid minute before she reached a hand into her purse and withdrew her wallet.

I never knew my sister ever had over a thousand dollars cash on her. I watched, wide-eyed as she stiffly handed him a wad of 30 one hundred dollar bills. Tucker almost looked surprised that she took his deal, but didn't say a word. He put the money in his pocket and then nodded solemnly. "Good luck at school, ladies,"

After giving me a once-over, he turned and walked away. Lex growled under her breath and stomped up to the house. I followed her, opening the front door for myself after she slammed it closed behind her.

"Can you believe him!?" She screamed once I stepped in the house. She stood at the kitchen island counter, completely fuming. "It's like he thinks he can control me like a puppet!"

I raised an eyebrow at her. I could easily see the feelings she had for Tucker, but I never said anything.

"I mean, just because he hasn't slept with me, suddenly I'm a slut!"

"Lex, stop." I tried.

She raised her voice. "No! That bastard is just playing me. He's trying to make me feel bad about myself! You know, I feel great! Do you know what kind of endorphins flow after sex?"

I blinked, taken aback. "Lexi, don't go through this. He isn't worth it."

Tears were filling my sister's eyes. "I can get any guy I want. They fall over me. So why doesn't he? Aren't I pretty enough? Is it because I'm blond?"