One Final Call-3 What's a love story without a twist?

ALRIGHT; LISTEN HERE. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THE PERSON YOU HATED WAS STANDING AT THE EDGE OF A CLIFF? YOU'D POKE IT! SO YOUR ENEMY IS CHILLING WITH YOUR FAVORITE STAR... & YOU HAVE TO VOTE OFF SOMEONE. WHO DO YOU VOTE OFF? MY VOTE BUTTON! CLICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Credit to Lovesoreel for my picture!

Jacks ended up falling asleep on me, but I didn’t have the heart to move him, because when he’s sleeping... he’s normal. He looks like any other kid. So I sleep on the couch, and wake up to the sound of my Mom’s heels clicking. Mom smiles down at us, picks up Jacks, and lightly wakes him up. He's not a morning person. 

I flash her a grateful smile, and head into the kitchen. Dad's awake, half dressed, and trying to get the coffee machine to work. "Morning my father dearest!" I yell at the top of the stairs, in a southern accent.

He looks at me and mumbles something along the lines of, "You're weird." Dad isn't one for emotions, but normally he plays along. He must be moody today. As I make my way down, I hear Jacks talking. 

"Mama! My birthday is tommorow! Jessie!" He turns to me, "You're taking me out, right?"

"Of course I am, Jacks!" I smile, but inside I'm a little mad. Not at him, but me and my bad planning. When Ryan asked me out on Thursday, I should have said, 'Maybe friday instead, I have plans with my little brother'. Or something along those lines. Stupid me. I have to remember to tell him today. 

"Okay, let's eat!" Mom says while putting Jacks in his chair. I sit and pour myself some of todays garnish; AppleJacks. I hate the taste of them, but I love the texture. They're nasty, but so good at the same time. Dad takes his seat at the head of our little table, and we eat. "So, what are you doing today after school, Jess?" Mom asks me.

"I think I'll just come home. I need to get homework and all that done so I'm ready for tommorow. Oh, and I have to go get h-i-s g-i-f-t." I spell it out to Mom because he'd freak out if he heard the word gift. Mom nods and starts talking to Jacks, so I turn my attention to my Dad. "So, how are things at work?" I smile lightly. 

"It's fine, why do you ask?" He picks at his piece of toast he has. 

"Just curious." I take a bite of my cereal, then look at Mom. "Hey Mom, how's work?"

She looks up from her coffee and laptop with a smile. "Things are fine. Actually, I have a ton of papers to grade. So I'm a little stressed. And then, on of my kids, Richie wrote me an email yesterday about how he can't stand his class, and requested to be moved." She sighs, "Why?"

Since when is it a crime to ask how people's jobs are? "Well, I was just wondering. I could help you grade papers, you know." I smile sweetly, and mumble "If I don't have to go to school." 

"Yeah, nice try there Jessie. Come on, finish and go get ready." She waves me away with her hand. I lift the cereal bowl to my lips and drink the rest of the milk. Mom makes a face while a giggle escapes my lips. 

After a few quick hugs, I run upstairs and parade around, trying to get ready. Minutes pass, and I look decent. I wish, though, my family had money. I would love to be able to walk around in all brand names, but I can't.  The one thing I do like about having an average income, is my favorite pair of jeans. I've had them since freshman year and I got them at walmart. They're a little worn out; the brightness has faded. I think I love them so much because the first time I wore them, I was asked out by Jake Wersal. Of course, not because I was wearing them, but you know what I mean. They're good luck, and I'm glad I still fit into them. Anyway, if I had money, I would have never even considered buying WalMart jeans; so I guess I'm fine with not being rich. 

I make my way downstairs in time to see Dad opening the garage. "Hey, keep it open Father Dearest!" I sing. He chuckles a little and mumbles a response. Lengthening my stride, I grab my keys and bag before the door shuts.