Chapter 2- The Perfect Dog

I wake up by the sound of my alarm clock? I don't remember putting an alarm clock. I sit up and find that my sister is in my door with her alarm clock on her hands. I glare at her and shout “Get that alarm clock away from me if you don't want to see it in the trash can!” she insistently starts running. I'm really not a morning person. I slowly stood up and headed to my bathroom. I quickly looked in the mirror, my makeup was all over the place, my hair was a complete mess and I had bags under my eyes. Last night I couldn't sleep at all! I kept waking up because of some animal outside my window. It was driving me crazy! One time I got out of my bed, headed to the window and shouted “WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I then heard a low growl, and then I heard my mother shout “AILEEN WHAT TYPE OF LANGUAGE IS THAT! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE A LITTLE SISTER!” I closed my window and went back to sleep. I still wonder, was there an animal outside my house? Well now I know I will so not go outside at night until I get my dog... hey speaking of dogs! My mom has to buy me the dog today! I quickly brush my teeth and run downstairs. Mom was making bacon and eggs. Her hair was a total mess and she had bags under her eyes too. I guess she didn't really sleep last night either. I walk over to her and hug her tight. She glares at me and says “get away from me I'm angry with you”

“what but what did I do?” I say innocently.

“you shouted bad words last night! Your sister came to my room and started repeating the bad words!” she says, I can't help myself and start laughing. She glares at me even more and says “that is not funny!”

“I'm sorry.” I say placing my hand over my mouth trying to hide the laughter, but my mother's anger just makes me explode. I start laughing out loud and she suddenly slaps my arm. I stop and she smiles evilly. “I saw a fucking dog outside my window” I widen my eyes and turn around to find Crystal. Did she just say what I think she said? My mom glares at her and says in a leveled tone “what did you say Crystal?” Crystal repeats what she says making me laugh. “you are in so much trouble young lady!” my mom shouts and starts chasing Crystal around the house. I should record this! I walk to the fridge and take out some orange juice. I start drinking my juice until I hear a scream. I walk to our hallway and mom is still chasing Crystal. This is too good. I take out my phone and start recording it. Fortunately Crystal runs faster than mom and runs upstairs. Mom is breathing so hard I think you can even hear her breathing in the basement. She comes to me and slaps my arm again. “what was that for?”

“One, for shouting the bad words and Two, for recording this.” I start laughing and she walks to the kitchen to continue cooking. When shes finished she places the food in the table and we start eating, well except Crystal. Poor girl, its not her fault shes ignorant. Mom groans and says “she has to come down here some time”

“I'll get her.” I stand up from the table and head to her room. I walk inside and open the closet. Shes there...like always! Can't she find another hiding place? I pull her out of the closet and say “Crystal mom is really angry..”

“I know... but why?” she asks innocently.

“well because the word that you said is a bad word...and if you say it mom gets angry.”

“mom didn't get angry with you...”

“actually she did..so come on say sorry and go eat.” she nodded and headed downstairs. I went to my room to get changed. I had a big day today! Buy a dog, then I have to look for a job. I took out a pair of jeans, a cute purple and black shirt, and some sandals. I headed downstairs and Crystal was eating and mom was staring at her eat. I gave a look to hurry up. She rolled her eyes and followed me outside. She grabbed the keys and went to the car. Before I got in the car I heard someone call my name I turn to the neighbor's house and see that its Margaret. I walk closer to the fence that divides our houses. “good morning Aileen...”