Chapter 10- Letter Fourteen

1/1/2013

"Ugh!" My groan can most likely be heard throughout my flat as my head pounds, my heart races and the left over alcohol pumping quickly through my veins thinking about having Rose come home. With my eyes still tightly closed I search through my head on how to get rid of a hangover. Lots of water, burnt toast and aspirin are all I'm able to remember for now. 

Carefully, and very slowly I sit up still not opening my eyes and swing my legs over the side of my bed letting them dangle as my hands fly up to my hair and immediately get tangled in the curly, long, thick blonde mess I call hair. Slowly I let my eyes peel open and be struck by the bright light that fills the room before clamping them shut once more. 

~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for watching her for so long! Has she had dinner yet?" Rose hugs my leg before running through the flat most likely going to make a mess of it.

"Yes she has! I gave her the microwavable macaroni you packed in her bag and she was great last night we had loads of fun!" The smile grows on Delaney’s face as she talks about last night making me smile as well. 

"That's great! I'm so glad, I’ll be sure to let you know the next time I need a sitter for her I do have to go back to work on the 7th and I don’t have anyone to watch her from about 9:30 to 4:30 so if you think you'd like to do that just give me a ring in the next few days and let me know!" I smile at her as she leaves my flat and I shut the door behind her with a wave.

"Rose I hope you’re tired because we’re going to bed early tonight!" I yell throughout the house jokingly. I'm wiped out from last night and not to mention having to clean the flat from top to bottom. 

"Come play with me!" Rose takes my pointer finger and drags me to her room over to her toys and I begin to play with her until it hits about 8:30...

"Okay bedtime! Go brush your teeth!" I giggle out pushing her towards the bathroom to rid her baby teeth of all germs and food as I quickly change into my favorite jammies and going back to get Rose into hers. 

"Night Rose, sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite," I place a light kiss on her forehead before flicking off the lights and sitting down to write a letter.

     Dear my lovely secret admirer,

            Thanks loads for your new years kiss however I wish it was actually you! I loved the flowers there currently sitting nicely in my room! Well I woke up and I was a teeny bit drunk so I’m exhausted and I’m too tired to make a video for you so I’m sorry and I wanted to thank you and I can’t wait for your next letter but I’m going to sleep! xoxoxoxox Marie ;)

I slip the letter in the black box and silently slip back inside without a sound locking up the door and sliding into my bed. The cold sheets feel good on my warm skin as I bury my face into my bed full of pillows. Clamping my eyes shut my mind wonders mainly focusing on the blank face I've yet to see of my mystery writer. All I see in my mind is a blank face that I long to see before my mind shuts down and I fall asleep.

~~~~ 1/2/2013

My eyes open wide as I can hear the patter of feet on the wooden floor, quickly I shoot up out of bed fully alert and jerk my head to the side as I see Rose tip toe in with a smile on her face. My heart beat that had shot up is not slowing down again as she makes her way over to the side of my bed lifting up her arms for me to lift her onto the duvet with me.

"How did you get out of bed?" My sleepy morning voice lingers throughout the questions.

"I climbed out," Giggles escape her little pink lips then looking down she’s playing with her fingers. 

I laugh and lift her onto my hip making my way out to the kitchen to set her down and go get my letter. 

     Nicely dressed. I'd reckon I dress rather nice but I guess that could be up for debate, but in my opinion I dress well! Well I suppose you could be the judge of that being in fashion and all. I have a few days off of work finally, I love what I do to bits but sometimes it gets to be too much and I don’t get to see my family to often as I would like to which really sucks. If there's one thing I would change about my job it's being able to see the ones I love in person when I want to, but I guess it's something you give up to live your dream.

                 Love, 

                              Your still very secret admirer xxxxx

It seems the day's flown by since I already have Rose in bed and I’m exhausted myself after making a video for my admirer, I'm just ready to sleep. 

Letter Writer’s P.O.V. (The night he dropped of letter N)

"You're driving me batty with these clues, I don't know if I’m just not getting it or what but you have me completely in I can't even think of a word. I’m usually good at puzzles and things with clues but this, this has me completely in the dark, but for some reason I'm okay with it. I wish I could at least know your name but I get that you want me to like you for you and to tell the truth I wish all my relationships had been like this. I've never been in an abusive relationship just in many with a couple of pricks but that's in the past! I've finally found or well actually you've found me but a nice, caring guy. I've never been this trusting with someone so quickly and I really shouldn’t be not knowing too much about you but just enough especially because I'm basically trusting you with my heart right now and for all I know I could be talking to a serial killer or even a friend or enemy, who knows. I should receive N tonight or in the morning depending on when I go to bed I suppose but anyways that means only 12 letters left if you go to Z. What happens when the alphabets over? Do the letters stop and that's it, it's done or what? I'll leave you with those questions since I think I'm going to go to bed. Night." With that she cocks her head to the left a little making her ponytail fall over her shoulder and I carefully watch as she places her left hand to her lips and places a kiss on it leaving a pinky-red lip stain, and then moves her hand over the lens as to give a kiss through the camera. 

Quickly, I pull my hand up to my lips placing a kiss on it and match it up with hers before the video ends making the screen go back to its original state. 

*Not Edited*