Six Feet Under

Roses's eyes fluttered open. Groaned and tried to lift her head. An aching pain shot through the back of her hear. She winced in pain. She looked around. Rose was in a room painted creme with red and blue stripes. There as a bed on either side of her. They were both empty. There was a large tv on the wall.
Rose had no idea where she was. Though it seemed so obvious she didn't have a clue.
A young, thin lady with brunette hair tied up in a bun walked through the door with a tray of medicines
"Wh-where am I?" Rose stuttered.
"You're in the hospital. You collapsed. Some firefighters brought you here. You've been out for about 2 hours." The lady, obviously a nurse, told her.
Rose lifted her hand and rubbed her forehead. Then, she suddenly remembered.
"Doctor!" She exclaimed in a squeaky voice.
"He will be in soon. Is there anything I can do for you?"
"What is happening? The World Trade Center?" Rose was frantic.
"The south tower collapsed about the same time you were brought in. The north tower is still standing I believe."
Rose felt her heart plummet. She sat there searching for words.
"Do you know someone who works there?" The nurse asked. She put the tray of medicine on the side and sat down on the bed.
"M-m-my f-friend." Rose's voice was shaking.
"Where are you from... Rose?" The young nurse asked, looking at the chart. Rose wondered how they knew her name.
"London, England. My friend and I, we're travelers."
"What's your friend's name?" The nurse asked
"The Doc- John Smith..." Rose stopped herself from saying 'The Doctor.'
"Would it make you feel better if I looked for him? My shift ends in a few minutes."
"Would you? Please?"
The nurse nodded. She rubbed Rose's shin. "It's going to be okay." She assured the blonde British girl.
Rose swallowed her worries and prayed that the Doctor was okay.
The Doctor groaned in pain. His eyes opened and his vision was blurred. His right arm, ribs and head hurt but he could still remember what had happened. That was a good sign that there was no brain damage. He remembered an explosion and he and the child- The Child! The Doctor's hearts fluttered with fear. He tried to get up but he was pinned down. That's when he realized that he was surrounded by rubble. The tower had collapsed. He didn't know how far under he was. Did he regenerate?
The Doctor could a little bit of light shining in.
"HELP!" The Time Lord screamed. He squirmed. As an argument, his arm and ribs screamed in pain and the Doctor quickly stopped squiring.
The Doctor didn't scream for help again as he remembered that he would be taken to a hospital. A hospital visit would be more deadly for him then the explosion. He would have to find away out himself.
Suddenly, he noticed that his hands were sticky. His eyes fell on his left hand. His palm was painted orange with his blood. The Doctor could barely move his body without hitting something sharp or make his ribs hurt. He tried to use his right to push a chair out of the way. It didn't budge. The Doctor yelped in pain. His hand returned to his side.
The poor Time Lord lied there in the rubble, things poking at him. Every time he moved away he would cause himself pain.
He didn't know how long he had been laying there but it felt like an eternity. His hope jumped back to life when he heard a dog barking in the distance.