Chapter Four

Was I dreaming?

I pinched my cheeks just to make sure, but she still wasn't there.

I looked all around the tent. I looked behind the closest trees and bushes. I tried calling her name, but still no Annie.

Maybe she was too scared, and she wanted to go back home.

I sat down and thought what my best options were. I really needed to calm down. I could either go back home and check for her or I could wait for her to return, if she ever does.

I decided my best option was to go and check for her at home.

*****

After I got a quick snack of bread and orange juice, I got my dagger out and stuck it in my pocket. I was ready to go find my sister.

As I was walking through the forest, it seemed to take longer to get there then usual. I know I was going the right way, but something about it just seemed to drag on.

When I finally got to the place where my town was supposed to be, my jaw dropped open. There was nothing. Just a big flat area.

I couldn't believe it. How could something so huge disappear so quickly?

I ran back to my tent as fast as I could. When I got there, I ran all the way back to where my town WAS, but it was still gone.

I was starting to think that I really was dreaming. If not that, then I was going crazy.

I decided there was no point in looking for a missing town, so I just went back to my tent.

*****

I took a nap for about two hours, just to clear my mind of the craziness of today, and it really helped.

I was so worried about Annie. Where could she have gone? And what about the town where I grew up in? Where did that go?

I had so many questions, but no answers. There was one question that I really needed answered though. Why do I have a braid in my hair?

"It's not just a braid you know," I heard someone say. It wasn't me.

I then heard something moving inside of the tent.

I open the tent and looked around. All that was there was Mr. Whiskers and a blanket.

All of a sudden, Mr. Whiskers moves his head to look up at me.

I scream and fall back on the floor. Mr. Whiskers WALKS out of the tent and says, "Oh, and Annie didn't run away. She was kidnapped."

It's official. I have gone insane.