Chapter Five {Kila's POV}

Thanks so much to our editor JustMeTJC, your amazing <3

Kila's POV:

"How come you didn't tell me about all of this?" Caleb sighed.

"Because I thought it was just a myth!" I replied while tying him tightly to a tree. It had been about three hours since we left everyone and headed the other direction.

It had only been an hour since we had tied Liah to a tree.

I picked up more rope and looked nervously up at the  the sky. It was definitely getting darker; my palms started to sweat. My hands shook as I wrapped another layer of rope around Caleb. I found myself to be getting extremely nervous.

"Kila?"

"What the hell do you want, Caleb?" I said, trying to make the knot as tight as I could. "Don't you see I'm busy?"

"Kila, you better hurry." I walked around in front of him and put my hands on my hips.

"Will you calm down? I'm hurrying" I complained.

"Then do it, now! The moon... it's starting to turn red!" I looked to the moon and just as he said red was starting to form  in the bottom corner. The way the red appeared against the dark sky had an eerie feel about it.

"I'm fine. It'll take it at least another hour before it turns completely red" I argued back. Caleb didn’t say a word, he just stared at me blankly. I went back to tying another knot around him. It was another five minutes later or so when I had finally come close to finishing binding him to the tree.

"Kila...get out of here."

"What now?" I complained. Caleb yelled a terrifying scream. I ran around to the front of the tree to see what was going on. But, no one was around. "What's wrong? Did I make the ropes to tight?" I asked in a worried tone.  I didn't want to see my brother in pain.

"Go Kila" He hissed through gritted teeth.

"What?"

"Go!" He yelled looking up at me. "It's time."

And that's when I saw it...

The red in his eyes building up in the corner, it looked just like the moon.  He yelled in pain again, it was a thousand times worse than before. I ran behind him and grabbed my sword off the ground. I moved to the front of the tree and he was yelling again, thrashing and pulling at the ropes; he was trying to get out.

"Caleb?" I questioned. He growled at me, looking up.

Whatever was standing there wasn't the  Caleb I knew, it was not my brother.

I turned and ran for it, dropping my sword to the ground. I heard the snapping of ropes behind me and I knew I had made a terrible mistake. That thing knew I was here and all it wanted to do was rip my guts out.

I kicked it into high gear. Using all the strength I had to run. I knew I didn't stand a chance against that thing. I had heard the legends. The horrible things the Elementals had done while under it. Even worse, it was my own brother. I could never hurt Caleb, I just couldn't bear to. Even if he was trying to rip my heart out. Even though I didn’t like it, all I could do now is run.

But I couldn’t run all night.

I ran behind a tree and stopped, trying to catch my breath and trying to pinpoint Caleb’s new location. The woods were quiet. No crunching of leaves, no snapping of twigs.

Just utter silence.

But the silence was soon interrupted by an animal’s desperate cries for help. To me, it sounded like a distressed deer. A loud snap echoed through the woods and then the crying stopped. I knew what had happened. The poor thing was dead.

I wasn’t used to being scared. But right now, I was terrified. I had no way to defend myself. A twig snapped nearby and I immediately backed up against the tree.

I took in quick, sharp, breaths to try and silence myself. When a twig snapped even closer, I froze. I could hear Caleb. He was panting in pure anger.

His footsteps only traveled closer and closer. But making a run for it right now would be suicidal. I dug my nails into the tree bark and closed my eyes tightly, hoping he wouldn't see me. His footsteps sounded like they were right next to me. Then they suddenly stopped. When I opened my eyes nothing was even there.

Maybe he had left?

Then he stepped out in front of me. I screamed,  a blood curdling scream. He only stared at me and smiled.

“Caleb” I said, hoping I could convince Caleb to calm down long enough for me to get away. His eyes were as red as blood as he took another step toward me. “I don’t want to hurt you” I warned. He took another step closer and I kicked him back.

He stumbled and I bent down, picking up a rock. He growled in anger and looked up at me. He stuck his palm out towards me and a strong gust of wind blew. I flew back against the tree and then stumbled onto the ground. A terrible pain grew up my back, every move I made hurt like hell.

He laughed and walked over, placing a hand around my neck he then tightened his grip. "Caleb, please stop" I stuttered gasping for air. He then picked me up and slammed me against the tree.

I had to do what I could to stay alive.

I, still holding the rock in my hand, smacked him in the forehead with it. When it made contact, a huge cracking sound erupted. Caleb let me go and fell to the ground.

I  too crashed to the ground and took a second to catch my breath. Once I had caught my breath I put  the rock aside  and crawled over to  see Caleb. He was out cold, and now had a huge bloody gash on his forehead.

I put my fingers to his neck and could feel his pulse. He wasn’t dead! Thank god! But he’d soon be awake, and I didn’t want to be anywhere near him when that happened.

So I got up and ran away, back towards my swords. I needed to find a place to hide.

Because I wasn’t stuck in the woods with one crazed elemental.

I was stuck with four.