~34~ The one with the circus bears and intruders

Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Mkay here it is :3

Warning: lots of cuss words so my baby munchkins better shut their ears.. Or in this case, their eyes.

~Kritika~

My eyes flew open. What was that sound? I must have imagined it.

Sighing, I closed my eyes, willing myself to fall asleep again. When I heard the rumbling sound for the second time, I was sure I wasn't imagining it. It sounded like... A drum? I wasn't sure.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I felt around for my phone. I unlocked it, wincing as the bright light hit my face and let my eyes adjust.

1:30? Who the hell in their right minds would beat a drum at such an odd hour?

I listened closely for the source of sound, pressing my ears to the plastic walls of my tent. And soon enough, I heard another round of drumming. But this time, the drumming was accompanied by.. growls?

The first image my mind conjured up was of a bear, beating a drum hanging around it's neck.

It was quite possible. Though, I did hear an incident of a bear breaking out from a circus and roaming around on the streets of London.
But that was in the 70s. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't a circus bear.

And to think of it, there isn't a circus for miles from here.

Am I seriously having this mental debate right now?

Another round of rapid drumming erupted causing me to jump up with a start. But there was something really peculiar about this drumming. It was.. really off beat and it rose in intensity and then fell drastically almost as if...

It dawned onto me a moment later. Ofcourse. I groaned. Of course.

"Shut up." I groaned. Somebody was snoring in the adjacent tent. And pretty loudly at that.

I punched my tent in frustration. I think I punched it a little too hard because it shook violently, threatening to collapse.

"No! I've spent hours trying to set you up. Don't you dare fall" I whisper-yelled, holding onto it. I feared that it would collapse on the top of my head.

This is seriously not happening right now.

Luckily, it stopped trembling and stayed intact.

I sighed, pushing my hair back. I was wide awake now, so I didn't bother trying to fall asleep. I grabbed my shawl, phone and flashlight and unzipped my tent. Carefully, I stepped out in the dark rather woozily though and turned my flashlight on. I made my way to one of the foldable chairs lying around the now dead campfire when I heard a rustling behind me.

Instinctively I spun around and to my horror, my falshlight beam landed on a dark figure on the tree behind me. I let out a startled gasp dropping my flashlight in surprise and fell backwards onto the grass.

So I guess there really is a bear.

"Shhh. You're going to wake everybody up.."

I relaxed, hearing the familiar voice.

"Oh, it's just you, Liam." I sighed in relief, my shoulders slumping "What in god's name were you doing up in that tree? Come down here this instant."

"Yes, mother." I heard him say and heard him plop onto the grass, barely a foot away from me "I was sitting by the cliff when I heard someone moving about in their tent. Not knowing it was you, I decided to play a little midnight prank to startle them."