Korean Lesson 3

DOUBLE CONSONANTS

안녕하세요, in the previous lesson, we learned about consonants. In this lesson, we will learn about the double consonants. This lesson, compared to the the last, is very easy and will be understood even better if you did not understand the last. So let's get started!

These are the five double consonants! Seems easy right? Well let's get into more details.

If you remember from the last lesson, ㄱ made a slight g sound. Here, with ㄲ it makes the full on g sound.

ㄲ - G

All double consonants make the full sound of the letter(s) they represent.

ㄸ - full on D sound

If you remember the ㄷ makes a slight d/t sound.

ㅃ - full on B sound. Now don't get confused with this one. The word 오빠 is often romanized as oppa because of the resemble to the p sound . This double consonant does in fact make the b sound.

ㅆ - full on s sound. When this is paired with it still will make a 'shi' sound. Also when it is paired with .

ㅉ - full on j sound. Now if you listen to the word 진짜, you will notice how it sounds like the ㅊ consonant. But if you were to pronounce it a little slower, your will here how it sounds like the letter J.

EXAMPLES

꿈 - ggoom

끝나고 - ggeutnago

때 - ddae

때문에 - ddaemooneh

오빠 - oppa/obba

빨리 - bballi

쓰다 - sseuda

씨 - sshi

진짜 - jinjja

얼짱 - eoljjang

Well, I hope I made this lesson really easy to understand for everyone and I hope you like these lessons! Any tips? Leave them in the comments section and I'll be sure to take them into consideration if it means making this book better for you guys!

Don't forget to vote and also leace tips and critique the work. Thanks for reading!

안녕! Bye!