T H E H I P P I E

Words Roxcy uses as a Hippie: 

Clyde- bumpkin, square, moron 

cat- term used for a hippie male 

establishment- schools,gov't, military etc. 

rap- to speak the language of hip. 

salty- rude 

Flower Children- the hippies who were more into art than activism. 

....and that's about it hope you like it.

Authors note at the end 

-----
Chapter two: T H E  H I P P I E

Ten minutes.

That's all it took for her to get a detention and attention on her first day at Carlton. It actually was a lot easier than she thought it was going to be and all she had to do was have a protest at lunch.

Roxcy's day wasn't going so well before since all the kids at her school seemed to be too busy playing on their phones and talking to their friends to even notice the strange new 'hippy' student with braid long hair and a guitar strapped to her back. It took a little while to perfect a new look and Roxcy was certain she had nailed this time around-she spent at least an hour last night on Pinterest and Wikipedia so she was sure she was an expert at the art of being a hippie.

So of course she had to do something and do something fast so people would remember, even if just a little and lunch was the perfect place for her to get that attention.

She had just bought her lunch, a sloppy joe the size of her hand, and taken a seat at an empty table waiting for the cafeteria to get full of people and chatter. When it was time, she was almost too excited for people's reactions.

Standing up from the table Roxcy climbed up on top of the table and held up her sloppy joe, grabbing a few kids close by attention, and yelled loud enough for the who cafeteria to hear her "Hello earth children!"

Everyone stopped talking to give her odd looks and this gave her the thrill she so desperately craved and the courage to keep moving forward "My name is Roxcy, and we have been lied to," she held up the sloppy joe plate up over her head, lion king style, so everyone could witness what she was talking about "this is not meat! And earth she only be organic and delicious, the authority of this establishment have lied to us and are making us eat something that isn't even food!" bringing the plate down she tossed near the trash been and continued with A fist in the air. "We deserve more and better, where the children of this earth and deserve to be treated as such!"

After her small speech the students in the cafeteria didn't seem to know what to do. It was a mix between small shouts of 'yeah tell it how it is!' with clapping and loud whispers along with fast typing, the result was complete chaos in the cafeteria and she couldn't have been any happier, unfortunately this didn't last for long since about a minute in a half later a teacher with the worlds tightest bun (at least that's what Roxcy thought) barged into the cafeteria and everyone became silent once more.

"What on earth is going on in here!" the teacher glared over the students till she stopped at Roxcy the only one standing on top of a table.

_______

Detention was held in the science wing of the school with the world's most paranoid teacher, which probably wasn't the best place for best teacher for her to be around.

"Miss Floyd what are you doing, don't touch anything! You might break it!" Roxcy put the glass beaker down and began to sway around the classroom enjoying the way her flowing dressed moved around, she would have to note that playing a hippie had some really comfy close and to try it again sometime in the future.