Chapter 22

Katy's POV

The next morning started off as any other. Kiba tried to steal Rachel's smoothie, Paighton and Naruto wrestled over ramen, Sai almost ate my Twix, and Zoey attempted to doodle a picture of Sasuke's hair. For us, it was a pretty normal start to our day. That changed, however, when Jade and Gaara walked into the kitchen... Holding hands.

For a moment, there was pure silence. Nothing but the water running in the sink could be heard. Two seconds later, it became a mess.

"They're holding hands," Paighton stated. "I repeat: they're holding hands. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, OH MY GOD THEY'RE HOLDING HANDS!"

Zoey whipped out her phone and began taking pictures, as if she was their own personal paparazzi. She ignored the squinting of their eyes as they tried to shield themselves from the flash of her phone's camera. "LOOK AT THEM! THEY'RE SO CUTE! OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BREATHE!"

"When's the wedding!?" I asked excitedly, bouncing up and down.

"I call dibs on maid of honor!" Rachel announced.

"Hell no! Gaara and I share a hair color. I'm the maid of honor!" Paighton objected.

"Then I'm first godmother!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Your kids are going to be so cute!" Zoey gushed, finally taking a break from all the pictures.

"You better not have them too fast though!" I warned.

"Yeah, no getting her knocked up on the second date!" Paighton agreed.

"Unless you're willing to pay child support," Rachel continued.

"Does that mean we get to go on Maury!?" Zoey asked excitedly.

"I've always preferred Jerry Springer," Rachel said thoughtfully.

"That's because it's the most violent," I deadpanned.

"And oddly, the most fulfilling," Paighton said, and we all nodded in agreement.

"Do you think Jerry Springer would date Gaara?" Zoey inquired.

"Probably. I mean, have you seen those eyes?" Rachel said. "Anyone would date Gaara."

"He'd have to fight Jade first, though," I reminded.

"Jade would so win," Paighton said. "But we should definitely sell tickets. A battle for the love of the Kazekage! Just imagine-"

"Are you idiots done!?" Jade barked, practically seething with rage. Her angry tone couldn't hide her blushing face, however, and we all grinned knowingly at her.

"AWWWWW!" Zoey screeched. "LOOK AT HOW SHE'S BLUSHING! SHE'S IN LOOOOOOVE!"

"And she still hasn't let go of his hand," I pointed out, a large smile on my face. Jade shot me a withering glare, but I was too happy to feel threatened by it. "True love it is!"

"Oh, I can't take it!" Zoey exclaimed, jumping off of her seat. "GROUP HUG!"

The cheerful blonde launched herself at Jade and Gaara, and the new couple struggled a bit to stay upright as her arms wrapped around them. Paighton, Rachel, and I didn't wait to join in. We immediately followed Zoey's example, forming a huddle around Jade and Gaara as we hugged them tightly.

The redheaded Kazekage's eyes were wide as he stared at us, but he didn't push us away. Jade didn't, either, surprisingly, although her eye was twitching, and she looked about two seconds away from murdering all of us.

"I hate all of you," She announced, her tone clipped.

"We love you, too!" My sisters and I chirped together in response. We hugged them for a few more moments before finally releasing them. Jade was still glaring harshly at us, but with her hand locked with Gaara's, she didn't look scary in the least.