A long night -Chapter 18-(Carson's POV)

"Alex!"I yelled Running over to peel him off of Bryan. The cries of 'FIGHT' echoed down the hall. "What are you doing?" I screamed in his ear as I grabbed his arms and locked them behind his back. "Are you nuts?"

"Carson, let me goo and stay out of this it is none of your business!"He replied with anger in is eyes. I was holding him back as he stared at Bryan coldly. If looks could kill they would both be knocked dead. I watched as a couple of upperclassman helped Bryan off the ground. Just as they did so, in came Mrs.Marks. I had never been so happy to see her in my life. I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold him back.

"What is going on here?" SHe asked staring at the 2 boys.

"Nothing just walking to class."I butted in before any smart comments could be made by Alex. I got a look of relief from Bryan whose face was getting some pretty nasty bruises.

"Bryan what happened to your face? You look like you just walked out of a gang fight!"she said motioning him t follow her down to the nurses office.

"Just fell down the steps tis morning clumsy me."He said looking back at Alex nervously.

"Now, now, All of you kids get to class."She said staring at the small crowd that had gathered around. We watched as Bryan followed behind her like a lost puppy avoiding everyones stares.

"What the hell man?" He spun around screaming.

"I could be asking you the same darn question!"I replied furious.

"Taking care of some stuff okay!"

"What would have happened if coach would have seen that? Huh? You could have got suspended! Is that what you want?"

"I had to take something, okay?" He said muffling his voice.

"You are so stupid sometimes you know?" I said shaking my head and walking away. Why was he such an idiot? If coach would have seen that fight, we would have all been running! That kid I swear!

"If you would know what I do, you would have been beating him up too!" He shouted out down the hall after me. What could possibly be that bad he could jeopardize his place in the game Friday? Next week, is homecoming. Coach out of all the games would pull him out of that if he knew. I walked into class with a scowl. I took my seat in Ag next to Tray.

"Yo, dude what happened to your face?" He asked looking at my eye that was starting to bruise. I hadn't even noticed it until then. Stupid Alex!

" Alex is an idiot." I replied with no emotion at all.

" I'm gonna need more than the obvious! Wait did he do this?" He questioned.

"Not on purpose. He was in a fight. If I wouldn't have been there his but would be suspended."

"No way!" He said stunned. I nodded and focused on the lecture being given.

****************

"Your face is ridicules!" Clair said examining my now swollen eye.

"Trust me I know!" He said clenching my fists.

"What was him and Bryan fighting about anyway??" She asked sweetly. She twinkled her eyes like she always did. I caught myself as I found myself starring.

"I wish I knew!" I exclaimed frustrated.

"Well are you still coming to hang out after school?" She asked looking up with her bright blue eyes.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I replied as she started to skip over to her locker.

"You like her!" Jamie whispered in my ear startling me. I had forgot she was even there.

"Do not!" I denied. As I spun to look at her and Tray.

"Really? Then why were you basically eye rapping her? Hm?" She asked mischievously.

"Was not! Besides, she is like my little sister. It would be like dating you."I replied causing her to scrunch her nose and shake her head in disagreement . I watched as Tray pulled her a little closer. Probably not the best analogy with him right there.

"No, dude you like her, and I really hope you don't think the same of my girlfriend as you do with her. If you do, I might just have to hurt you." Tray joked. I knew there was some serious behind that.

"Trust me, I don't like Jamie or Clair like that." I lied. I liked Clair a lot.

"So, seeing if Clair likes you too would have absolute no effect on you?" Jamie asked glancing over at Clair's locker.

"I didn't say that."I answered examining the two of them with a grin.

"See! I knew you liked her! I was right!" Jamie yelled louder than she intended.

"What were you right about?" Clair said coming back to join the group.

"Um..." I mumbled under my breath while staring at the ground.

"That Alex is an idiot!" Jamie exclaimed.

"I don't think he is really that bad. He seems really nice." Clair said flashing a grin.

"Wait what?" I asked shocked. Alex Nice? Since when?

"We'll he seems nice? That's why I invited him to hang out tonight with us." She announced. Oh crap!" Well I will see you guys about 5? Oh, and is Piper coming?"

"Yep" Jamie answered a smile popping on her face.

"Great! I'll see you guys later!"she said heading out the big school doors.

"Well, I better get going" Jamie answered slipping out off Traycan's arms. She waved bye and walked out the door.

"So you and Jamie are getting close." I said once she left. A blush creeped up his neck.

"Yeah..."he replied embarrassed.

"I'm happy for you." I said. "You hurt her , her brother and me will have to hurt you. You know that right?"

"I don't plan on hurting her anytime soon. She makes me happy. I know that sounds sappy and stuff, but it is true. That girl she gets to me. I like it." He gushed as a smile crept onto his face.

"It's all good. I want one of those relationships you know?" I answered. I needed a girlfriend. I mean not trying to sound desperate or anything, but I just get kind of lonely.

"So my mission is to get you a girlfriend now. Mission excepted, Captain. " he said saluting me like an army man. How did he have a girlfriend and I didn't? All I knew tonight would be a long night.....