Chapter 1- The Gregorys Move In

“Mom please!” I asked my mother for what felt like the hundred time today. I've been asking her for a dog ever since I was 5 years old. She always ignores me and says that I will never take good care of a dog. She lets go of her knife and looks at me straight in the eyes. “Aileen for the hundred time I will not buy you a dog!”

“come on our house is pretty big, I can take care of a dog!” I begged her.

“no! Have I ever told you how much I hate dogs..” she lies to me, it's so obvious. She loves dogs, she just doesn't want to admit it. I cross my arms like a little kid and don't leave her side. She rolls her eyes and says “Honey, I can't pay for a dog right know, with your theater classes and Crystal's Day Care center... I just can't” she says looking at the floor. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes. I didn't mean to make her cry. I just wanted a dog.

Hey I got an idea. I hug my mom and ask “mom? How about I work somewhere? You know so I could earn money and pay for a dog?”

“no! There is no need to work, I'm the adult here. I'm suppose to work and your suppose to stay lazy in the chair chatting with friends not caring for anything.” my mom says as she picks up her knife and starts cutting the meat furiously. Yeah I'm not really like other teenagers, I don't like to stay in bed doing nothing. I like to be useful to society. I used to be lazy, but that was when my.. father was still alive. He used to help my mom in everything and now hes gone. Since the day I discovered that he was gone, I decided not to be lazy anymore and help my mother in everything so she wouldn't be sad. That was 6 month ago.

I go to the cabinet and take out some spices and give them to mom. She smiles and says “Please you don't have to help if you don't want to..”

“mom, you know me I always want to help. Which brings back to the dog thing.” she rolls her eyes and starts mixing the meat with the spices. “come on I can work, I'm old enough.”

“no..” she replies.

“just hear me out! A dog would be perfect, it would chase away thieves. Warn us if there's an earthquake coming! And they can keep you company when your feeling lonely!” she turns to look at me with a face that says she will agree and before she opens her mouth to say something, we hear a trucks air horn go off. It seems to be coming from the house to our left. That's weird no one lives there. I groan and go outside to look at the house and see a big move in truck. Someone is finally moving there! I just hope they have a daughter my age, I don't really have any friends. That is one of the reasons why I want a dog, but I can't tell that to my mom. That might only make her sadder. She hasn't really gotten over dad. But she will someday... I hope!

I look at the truck for a few seconds and out came a fat bearded man. He went to the back of the truck and started to grab cabinets, TV, couches, ect. Then a few minutes past and a blue van parks at the house's drive way. Out comes a beautiful lady with black hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a white dress, and a huge smile on her face. “Come on Henry, you gotta see our new home!” she yells excited to someone inside the car. She opens one of the doors and picks up a little girl about the age of 5 with curly red hair and brown eyes. She starts to walk to the inside of the house, more like run inside the house. I look at the car again and a man that looks like hes in his 30's comes out. He has blonde hair, and honey colored eyes. He catches me staring and glares at me. I don't know why but his stare made me lower my head. I could hear a small chuckle coming from him as he entered the house. Aw, they got no daughter my age. I was looking forward to make a new friend. I walk back inside my house. Before I could even touch the door knob, I hear another car park. I turn to find a black sports car parked in the driveway as well. I stare at it for a while. If these people have enough money to buy that, why did they buy such a small house like that one. Well technically it's not small its a two story house with a huge back yard. Still they could do better. Then out of the car comes out a boy around the age of 16 like me. With black hair made into a small Mohawk, wearing a t-shirt, pilot shades and some jeans. He must be their son or something. He stared at the house in amazement and takes a quick glance at my house. His eyes eventually landed on me. He gave me the most cutest smile ever. I couldn't help but smile back. He slowly takes out his shades reveling honey colored eyes, he winks at me and makes his way to his house. Oh Lord! He is hot! I make my way back to my house and my mom is sitting in the couch playing Call Of Duty... sometimes I think shes the child and I'm the adult. I sit next to her, but she doesn't even look at me, shes too distracted over the game. I get angry and block her sight towards the game. “hey get out of the way! I'm this close to finishing the level!”