Chapter 2

So I haven’t updated in AGES I know… but the reason is on the message board. I hope you will understand. Also, with the diary, I’m going to put in 3rd person’s POV in it.

____________________________________

Pace’s eyes flung open as she looked into the dark fully awake. She was awoken by a nightmare for the second time tonight. And after this one, she didn’t want to go to sleep. The only thing was, it wasn’t a dream it was a memory. A memory she wished she could forget but she couldn’t.

Pace felt around the room and found her diary. She opened up the curtains of her cabin and with the lights coming from the barred windows, she could see enough.

30/2/13

It happened again. The memories of what those people did to me still haunt me. They were horrible to me yet I can’t help but feel regret for killing them. This time it was one of the oldest and most frightening one.

The dream started off as a normal day in school. I was walking toward my locker and when I got  there, the normal insults were stuck on my locker. Words like ‘fag’ and ‘Emo’ were graffitied all over my locker. I hadn’t done it, of course. They had.

After that, the school disappeared as I was standing in a graveyard, putting flowers on my mother’s grave. That’s when it happened. I was grabbed by the arm and thrown in a grave that was dug for someone else. I felt mud being thrown in my face and in the dim light of the cemetery, I saw my worst bully’s face. I knew what was going on but I was frozen with fear. They were trying to bury me alive. His curly hair were covered by a hat and his face by a pair of glasses.

I honestly couldn’t believe even he would stoop so low. No one is bad enough to want to bury someone alive. He was truly heartless.

The thing is though, the day I did the ultimate ‘deed’, he wasn’t there. So he’s probably still out there. And his actions made me do the ‘deed’ that I regret so much. He’s still out there and I hope he knows he triggered the death of 10 people altogether. And those people were whom he called friends.

It was his fault death was caused, his fault that high school was caused to close down and his fault I’m in this cage right now.

If only he was a nicer person.

Pace shut the book and sighed. This was already the worst day.

______

Pace sighed and sucked up her pride before knocking on Louis’s door. She heard the faint come in and entered the room.

“Pace!” Louis seemed almost surprised to see her. In all honesty, she was surprised she was there in the first place.

“So!” he asked as she took a seat on a bean bag. They were new she noticed and were definitely better than the cold, hard, leather chairs that were there previously. “how may I help you?” Louis asked. She pulled out her old rubix cube.

“I’m bored” Pace lied. She had actually come here to talk about the nightmares but had decided otherwise.

“Me too,” Louis replied. “Not much to do here. And where the hell are the colours? Why is everything so white?”

Pace wasn’t listening any more though. She fumbled with the cube trying to match up all the colours. While doing so though, she couldn’t help but remember the moments that went with it.

This cube had belonged to Niall. Her only friend in high school. Unfortunately, Niall had moved away long, long ago. He left this at her house the last time he saw her and she never returned it. Touching the smooth surface of the cube always reminded Pace of Niall. The colourful squares reminded  her of his positive words. The rough edges reminded her of his clumsy-ness.

She missed him, oh so much. She had been thrown in this place only 2 months after he left.

“Pace? Are you okay?” Louis asked.

“No, I’m not o-fucking-kay” she replied rather harshly before leaving.

---------

OK! I’m back for good. I PROMISE!! Mwah!