Chapter 2

I finished unpacking and quickly picked my outfit which was white high-waisted skirt that reached my mid-thigh and pink lacy bandeau and pink delicate wedges. It is middle of May so it is pretty hot in LA already. I walked downstairs and knocked on Kate’s door.

            “Come in!” she yelled through the door. I walked in and she was just finishing her makeup. “Let’s go!” she yelled looking at me with the biggest smile. I just laughed a little and a second later we were walking out on the street.

            “We don’t even know where Starbucks is…”I said a little confused looking at her. She looked at me and smiled this goofy smile of hers.

            “We’ll look for it, it can’t be that hard to find right? I mean it is Starbucks” she laughed a little. We linked our arms and kept on walking. Even though we could drive one of our cars, we really wanted to walk.” Besides Lily, we need to find a smoke’s shop” she stuck her tongue out at me.

            “Oh yeah! We don’t have any hookah flavor at home or charcoals!” I said and we kept on walking in silence for few minutes just looking around. I don’t know how I will get used to California weather where most of my life I have lived in bipolar Chicago. “Do you think we’ll meet some nice people? Or maybe someone famous?” I asked randomly.

            “I hope we’ll make some friends or find boyfriends” she answered and I just rolled my eyes at her. “Oh stop Lilly! I know you want a boyfriend!” she said looking straight at me.

            “No, I don’t. I saw enough of you being hurt by guys and I’m not planning to go through all that” I answered her. Let me explain it to you, Kate is never in a good relationships. All of her boyfriends were jackasses. All they wanted was to get in her pants and when she never let them they would either cheat on her or leave her for another girl. Kate is gorgeous so no wander she always finds a boyfriend but sometimes I wish she just waited for the right one instead of jumping into a relationship right away. I am more of a person who stays away from relationships and never falls for a guy. I am scared of being hurt by a man. I saw what my mom went through when she got divorced because my father cheated on her with his secretary and I don’t want any of that to happen to me. I have been in a relationship before but I have never loved him, I liked him but never loved him besides we were just sophomores in high school.

            “Maybe you’ll fall in love here in LA. You know all cute Chicago guys are stoners” she laughed and I laughed with her.

            “Look we made it” I said laughing a little pointing at Starbucks next to us. We both walked in and ordered what we wanted. I got my Green Tea Frapuccino and Kate got her Caramel Coconut Frapuccino. After we received out orders we decided to walk out and still walk a little around the place and look for the smoke shop. It wasn’t that far away. We bought what we needed and decided to head back home since it was pretty late already.