Chapter 1

"I'm sorry Ms.Williams but your mother past away last night"

My life was turned upside down since those words left the nurses lips. I had nothing left my Dad was long gone and my Mom was now 6 feet under the ground. I was now literally alone. My Mom was diagnosed with cancer about six months ago. I had watched her day after day fight the cancer. I would take days of school to stay with her. I had stopped going out with friends. I have devoted the last 6 months to the most important person in my laugh and just like that she was died. The fighter had final been defeated. I knew that this day would come. As I walked along the pale, bright lit corridors I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I just walked around in circles. I don’t remember how long I was wandering for.

“Will I call someone to collect you, sweety” asked the obnoxious nurse with a fake smile plastered on her face. I didn’t reply to the old, wrinkled face. I continued with my walking and I finally found the exit door. As I walked out the cold, morning air hit me. I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I turned around to find my uncle Dan. He just pulled me into a massive hug. I couldn’t hold the tears anymore. Dan sweetly hushed me as I sobbed into his chest. I followed Dan to his car. The whole way home it was complete silence. I had stopped crying now and had just gone into shock mode.

As we pulled up to the house my aunt Johannah came out to meet us. She gave me a hug and then wrapped her hand around my waist as she escorted me into the house. I went straight into my room and just layed on my bed. I didn’t want to talk to anyone or listen to anybody telling me it was going to be okay. I is never going to get better. This pain in my chest is never going to leave. Just like the memory of my mum. I didn’t fall asleep that night. I just watched as memories of my mum flashed in my head. Never to be forgotten.