Part 10

Well here it is... Hopefully I can get your trust back... :( please read comment and fan, vote too!

I used to be so smart, a straight A student. Somewhere between me getting a social life and my family life I lost the will to learn. So going to school now is just a huge inconvenience to me, which is exactly what I'm explaining to Chase as the bell for second hour rings.

"I know it's important but I just don't think college is in my cards right now," I shrug. "I'm going to go to the bathroom so I'll probably be late. I'll see you later!" I say with a smile and a quick peck.

So of course Chase has to make it dirty and say loudly "Get that stuff off your face and come to second hour to learn, not for a round two." He winks and walks off, leaving everyone in the hallway looking at me.

Don't ask why but that really pissed me off, so I take my time in the bathroom. After a good fifteen minutes I decide it's time to go. I walk out of the bathroom- and right into someone.

"God you're a real klutz aren't you, sweetheart?" A snarly voice said. I look up and it's somebody I've never met before. He's tall, pale, and has the most mesmerizing brown eyes I've ever seen.

While I'm busy gawking, the guy smiles, showing off his teeth. They're white but slightly off center. As I'm admiring this, he says "Awe cute, a tongue-tied girl... As if I haven't dealt with hundreds before," he sighs. "I'm Casson, and you're very pretty." He smiles again.

"I'm McKenna. And believe me, I am not tongue tied." I try to make my voice steady, to hide just how tongue tied I was. "I have a boyfriend, but thanks for the compliment." I smile back, hoping mine is half as impressive as his.

Casson's face lights up with realizations he says ," McKenna as in Chase Montangy's girlfriend?" I don't quite understand his tone. Its admonishing and hopeful?

I nod and out of nowhere he starts laughing. Like laughing from his belly, deep and full. It feels like he's laughing at me.

Furious, I yell "What's so funny,?" Only to be ignored because his laugh is getting louder. I realize I don't need to stay and talk to him, so I start down the hallway, not looking back.

"Wait! Okay I'll tell you," he says as he walks up behind me and grabs my waist in an attempt to stop me. He turns me around and keeps his hands on my hips. "I think it's funny how you're rejecting someone when your boyfriend has no problems flirting with every girl in school. Here," he says, taking a pen out of his pocket and writing on my hand, "you have my number. If you want to be treated like a princess, call me." He winks and smiles that off smile, touches my chin, and says "Bye sweetheart." And off he goes, leaving me speechless.

********

"Do you know a guy named Casson?" I ask Chase later that day when he's driving me home from school.

He snorts loudly. "Yeah, that prick. He's a junior, and he's a douche. Why?"

"Just wondering. I ran into him in the hallway today." I shrug, thinking about what he said about Chase. Before we left the school, he was talking to a bunch of girls, all of them blushing and smiling, touching his arm, flirting. But I knew going into our relationship he was a player. He hasn't cheated on me or anything, so I have nothing to worry about.

"Oh yeah? What happened? Did you just DIE over how caa-ute he is? That signature crooked teeth thing? Girl tell me all about it!" He squeals in a girly voice, resting his hand on my thigh. Laughing I cover my hand with his, and I don't know why but I imagined him doing this with someone else. It's a flirty move... I shake the thought out of my head.

"I don't know, it seemed like you guys would be good friends."

"If you think that I'm a total 'Bro' like he is, then sure we'd be good friends."

"Maybe we spend too much time together?" Pops out of my mouth. Chase stops the car completely, turns and looks at me, and doesn't speak. I give a weak smile and try to backpedal. "What I meant was I'm worried we don't spend time with our friends, and you're really social! It must kill you to not be hanging out with your guys all the time! Why don't we have a night without each other, just chill with our friends?"

He thinks about this for a minute, then starts the car again. "I guess that's a good idea. I do miss going out, and I miss when we'd go out together. Tommy Dovark is having a party Friday, we should go together."

"Okay, and how about tonight is a friend night. No texts or calls, just be with friends?" I smile hopefully. I'm already thinking about a night of movies and food with Jessica.

Chase nods, "yeah that sounds good. I'll miss you though," We're at my house, "Now get out. I love you, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning!"

"Bye! I love you too!" I say as I get out of the car, reaching for my phone. As I'm walking in the front door, Jessica is answering.

"What on Earth? A call from THE McKenna Woods? The tamer of bad boys? The friend who disappears after school? What!" She fakes a faint from what I can hear. Then she starts laughing and then says "what's up?"

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I am going on a date, why?"

"Well you see... Wait who are you going on a date with?! Why don't I know anything about this?" I ask, incredulous. It's not like she isn't pretty, but she's sort of... Intense. She falls in love when a guy holds a door for her, I don't see any guy at our school dating her.

"His name is Andy, he's a sophomore but it's okay because he's and old sophomore and I'm a young senior so-" Is how far I get before I zone out, walking around my house, noticing a huge stack of wedding invitations scattered all around the table. "McKenna! McKenna!!" Snaps me back to reality.

"What?!" I snap back, "Sorry I got distracted."

She sighs. "it's okay. So you could come along. I hear he has this really cool older brother. But he's a junior, and you have a boyfriend so it wouldn't be a double date and it would take the nerves off of me to have a friend with me. What do you say?"

She's right, I have a boyfriend and I wouldn't date a younger guy. Plus I need to have something to say to Chase when he asks about how my 'Chase-free' night went. "Sure, why not? Call him and ask if his brother can go."

"Don't worry, I texted him while I was telling you. Be ready in an hour! Love you!" And she hangs up.

******

I don't know what to wear. I don't want to look like a bum, but I also want to look lazy enough to say 'This isn't a double date'. I settle on jeans and a blazer, and then the makeup I wore to school today. About an hour after we hung up, my doorbell is being rung. Grabbing my bag and a Chapstick off the kitchen counter, I run to the door and open it, expecting Jessica.

Instead, it's my new friend Casson, looking dangerously happy about seeing me.

"Hi sweetheart!"