Chapter 1

• Dedicated to my older brother Logan

Samantha Johnson is the school's tomboy/jock. She has a fiery attitude and is not afraid to tell you like it is. Make Sam made and you will most likely get punched in the face.

Jake Johnson is Sam's twin brother and one of the school's biggest players, on and off the field. He is super protective of his sister even though he would never shows it.

Liam Conner is Jake's best friend, his wing-man, and also one of the schools biggest players. Liam would do anything for his best friend and his best friend's sister.

Jackson Hastings is Sam's other half and the last one of the schools biggest players. Sam and Jax don't go anywhere without each other, they are joined at the hip.

Sam has always loved hanging with the boys. She can rough house like a boy and play baseball like its no body's business. She got it from her twin brother Jake. Sam, Jake and his two best friends Jax and Liam are like the three musketeers. They never do anything without each other. They've never played baseball on different teams either but what happens when the new Varsity Baseball Coach tells Sam she cant play because she's a girl? Will the boys play without her for the first time or will they do everything they can to help her play? And what will happen if she develops feelings for one of the boys she calls her brothers? Will something happen with them or will she be left broken hearted?

Chapter 1

"Sam!! Hurry up we're going to be late!!!" I heard Jake yell from the living room.

"God Sam, you take forever!!!" Liam yelled at me.

"Sam get your skinny ass down here now!!!" That was the nicest of them Jax. Hence the sarcasm.

I was just finishing putting my long bleach blond hair up in a ponytail and securing my baseball cap on my head when the boys started yelling up at me.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!!!! Gosh, calm your balls guys!!!" I took one more quick glance at myself in the mirror, satisfied with how i look, and ran down the steps to the boys i call family.

"Finally!!!!"

"Oh shut up Jax!" I reached over and playfully slapped his shoulder.

He wrapped me up in a hug and pecked my forehead, "You know you love me Sam."

" Yeah just not when your being a dick!"

Jax opened his mouth to protest but was cut off by Liam telling us we were going to be late if we don't leave now. We all piled into Logan's car and headed off to baseball practice. None of us talked the whole way we all just listened to Jake's iPod playlist. We all put our favorite 'get pumped up' music. We never go to a game or even practice without listening to it. It helps us clear our heads. We've never had a bad game or practice ever since we started listening to it.

We pulled up to the school's only baseball field not even 10 minutes later. I noticed the rest of the team was just getting there also. I was the first out of the jeep and grabbing my bat bag out of the back by the time the guys were getting out. I made my way over to the dugout and put my stuff in my usual spot. I quickly put on my cleats and was out in the outfield stretching before any of my team was done putting their cleats on. Being team captain and our star pitcher three years running, our only pitcher at that, I always am the first one out and ready.

I saw Coach out of the corner of my eye making his way across the field to me. I continued stretching because i don't want to get hurt before our game this week until i saw he was just getting to the outfield and I pushed myself up into a standing position. "Hey Coach. How's it going?" i greeted him when he was only a few steps away from me.

"I'm good, Sam. Are you ready for another exceptional practice?" He always asks me the same question before every practice.

"Always."

"Good because i need you to get your team focused, they seem a little unfocused." He turns and points to where my team is talking laughing and joking taking their sweet time getting out to the field.

I nodded. "Got it Coach."

He simply nodded and walked back to where ever it was that he came from.

"YO GUYS! GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OVER HERE!!" They all immediately stopped talking and hustled over to meet me.

Once they were all huddled around me i started my speech. "As you all may know, we're playing Creekview this week. We all know this will be an easy win for us, but that does not mean you can slack off at practice. We need to play and practice like playoffs are next week and be that winning team i know we are. Do i make myself clear?"

I'm met by a team of 'Yes ma'am!"s except for one, Austin Downy, a freshman. "But Sam playoffs aren't for another 6 months."

"You think i don't know that? That still doesn't mean we can slack off. Does anyone else want to protest how i want MY practices run?"

I'm met by silence. "That's what i thought. Now go line up on the warning track for sprints." This time I'm met by a few groans but no one protests.

"Downy! Come here." as Austen is jogging back over to me i see Coach is making his way back across the field from who knows where. "Look I understand playoffs are in 6 months, but I need to whip this team in shape no matter who we're playing and the only way to do this is to make them practice like playoffs are next week. Okay?"

"Got it Sam."

"Good now go line up."

Once everyone is lined up and Coach has made his way over, he blows his whistle and every one sprints for the other side of the warning track.

*********

"Alright guys, bring it in!!" The boys immediately stop practicing and jog in to the pitchers mound to meet me. "Great practice boys! That's what I wanna see from my team. Keep practicing like this and we'll have no problem going undefeated this season-"

I'm cut off by a bunch of whoops and wolf whistles from the team. I smile, these are my boys

"Go hit the showers! Y'all stink!" I say laughing.

"So do you Sam! We're not the only ones!" I heard a Sophmore, Jordan, say.

I start laughing even harder. "Smart ass!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So that's chapter 1. I know its slow and boring but this is just a filler chapter i promise it will get better.

I plan on updating sometime in the next week!