Chapter 20

Hey guys!!

I'm so sorry for the late upload!!! I promise the next one wont be late! It will be up in the next three days! =D WOO HOO!

Thank you so much for 900 fans guys!! <3 <3 <3

Love,

Luckycharms <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I blinked a couple times, gasping for breath. My head was on my knees, my hands still tied back behind the chair, as I tried to catch my breath. I swallowed hard and then tightly closed my eyes.

      I then felt myself smile.

      Controlling it was easy, and I knew the first thing I had to do was make sure Darius couldn’t hear my thoughts, so I focused all my energy to my head.

      I could feel it retreating from my legs and arms and chest and moving straight into my head.

      Then I lifted myself up.

      I leaned against the chair and looked at Darius. “You’re reckless.”

      He raised his eyebrows, though the strange desire I saw on his face didn’t disappear. “What do you mean?”

      “You were so reckless that your mind was clouded before you did this to me. You didn’t even read my thoughts did you?”

      I saw that this bothered him as his eyebrows lowered ever so slightly. “I didn’t need to.”

      Suddenly, I felt some sort of energy brush against my forehead.

      I smiled. “You can’t do it now.” I said. “I’ve blocked you out.”

      He tilted his head back, looking more amused then angry. “You learn fast.”

      I broke the ropes that were tied around my wrist and bent down to work on the ones around my ankles. “You trust me enough to just give me this strength without checking for any ulterior motives in my head?”

      “It wouldn’t matter.” He said. “It wouldn’t matter if you had any ulterior motives or not. Because now they don’t matter.”

      I narrowed my eyes at him.

      And then I realized something.

      I felt nothing.

      I thought of Kero, and his father, and my friends… and felt nothing.

      Not love… not even hate.

      All I could feel was strength

      It was like they meant nothing to me though I know they did mean something.

      “You have half of me in you, Aathy.” Darius said. “You can’t go against me.”

      “How come I can’t feel anything?”

      Darius smiled. “That is what happens when one attains power.”

      My eyebrows rose.

      “You lose your emotions, you have no care in the world… except, to get more power of course.”

      I frowned at him, but I couldn’t feel fear.