Chapter 6: Protecting Dignity (part II )

Ellie looking as beautiful as ever , didn't try to hide her excitement and when she saw Gabriel she gave him a seductive smile which made my blood freeze in my veins .

" You are early , but it's fine I'm ready to go   "

She then looked at me :

" We shall be going now Serena . See ya there .  "

I nodded .

"Aren't you coming with us ? I don't think there is a need to go in two separate cars " he asked .

And before I could think of anything to say the door bell rang again . This time I was sure it was David . 

I went to open it and I was able to hear Ellie saying :

" No but Serena is going with David ! " 

At least now he knows I 'm not that useless and there is actually a hot guy who wants me  .

I opened the door only to see a huge flower bouquet of red roses . It was gorgeous !

"I saw them when on my way here and they looked so arrogant  . I brought them here so they could see how pitiful they truly are compared to your beauty . "

 " Oh David ! "

I blushed for I've never been treated this way before . Even though I know he was just flattering me , I was touched and deeply moved . 

"Thank you David , you are so sweet , please come in , it will only take me a minute to grab my purse ".

I turned around ignoring Gabriel's  eyes which were clearly following me .And when I came back there was only David waiting for me . 

I had no idea that David was the funny type but I was surprised to know that he is very charming and so easy to talk to , I didn't feel  uncomfortable at all riding with him in the car , on the contrary I had the feeling that we were friends for a long time .

The gathering was indeed like Ellie described it to me , it wasn't any different from a typical High -Society party only that all those who were present are doctors and some  other business men .

David is quite popular maybe because he is in the emergency department  and he gets to meet practically all the doctors .He introduced me to many of them and I felt the attention on me growing bigger especially from the females who where obviously checking me out . One of them was showering me with her glares . It was Stella ,everyone knows that Stella is obsessed with David , I bet that she wouldn't hesitate to jump me if we weren't surrounded by people .

And there he was , surrounded by the most famous doctors and that circle of people wasn't too much different from the popular group back in high school . It was definitely not for someone like me but Ellie fit in perfectly .After all she is the daughter of the Baker family and who doesn't know her mother .

"Want me to bring you a drink ?"

"Oh yes please David"

I definitely need a drink .

I barely turned around and....

<SPLASH>

"Oh , my God Serena , I'm so sorry !! " 

I should have seen it coming , what else could I expect from a women in love ?

Don't worry about it Stella , it's no big deal , it's just water ....and it is hot in here anyway "

I know she did it on purpose but whatever , I 'll just be my usual self and laugh it off . Besides  I'm really not in the mood to quarrel over such a matter .And more importantly , thank God not many noticed what just happened .   

"What happened Serena ?" 

"It's nothing David  ,  a little accident that's all ! please excuse me I must go to the ladies' room " 

"yeh sure ".