Chapter 9: User Like Always

"Yo! Sugar cane! Wake up!" Something wet and soft hits the left side of my cheek.

Hesitantly, I open my eyes and see a towel sitting on my lap. I yawn and rub my eyes in confusion, "Morning?" When my senses finally came back, I yell at him, "Did you just hit me with your towel?!" Picking it up, I try to aim it at his face, but knowing my terrible throwing skills, it misses him and hits the door of the car instead.

"Morning?" He mocks back, "Did you forget about the rain and practice? It's 5:40 pm." He leans back into the seat and pats his stomach. "Of course I threw the towel, what else did you expect?"

"The towel stinks. Your sweat stinks, and I hope that I don't ever smell it again." I glance out of the window. Instead of being in the park, we are now at the parking lot of McDonald's. "Wait. Why are we here? Aren't we going back to my house?"

"Well," he explains, unbuckling his seat belt, "if you weren't busy muttering "ice cream" in your sleep and drooling all over your mouth, I probably wouldn't take you here. Plus, your mom called me and said that you can stay with me until 8. Continue to enjoy the moment please."

I knew it.

The moment he hands the cap to Makenna is also the moment my mom thinks he is a "nice" boy.

Wait, maybe even before that.

Goodness, that much drool?

I quickly wipe my mouth with my palm and rub the drool on my jeans. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who drools in sleep mode.

"I don't know if you're going to eat, but I know that I, also known as Mr. Cookie Monster, am starving. You coming," he clicks his tongue once, "or nah?"

My stomach is practically chanting at me right now.

Feed me! Feed me! Feed me!

After a long pause, I respond him, "Definitely coming," and out we walk into the famous fast food restaurant.

+ + +

"I seriously feel like you're a stalker now," I call to Chase after I explain to him about the dare that night.

He cocks his head in curiosity and twists the swivel seat next to him, "Why?"

"You know, you were practically staring at a girl singing in the park the whole time. Doesn't that sound stalkish to you?" I pick up my last French fry dipped with ketchup and pop it into my mouth, its sweet taste lingering on my tongue.

"Shouldn't you be glad then?" He shoves the remainder of his hamburger into his mouth, looking fairly proud of himself, "You have one smokin' hot guy stalking you."

"No, your looks may be hot, but your personality isn't. In fact, you're the most arrogant guy I've ever met."

Another smirk curls at the corner of his mouth, "So you do admit that I'm hot."

"No, I simply said that your looks are hot, but your personality isn't, so overall you are not hot," I pick up my tray and head to the nearby trash can.

After I have sent the remainder of the trash in there, I go back to the cashier to order yet another ice cream. As I sit back at my original seat, I notice that Chase has already thrown away his tray and is looking at his phone. He tucks the phone back in his pockets again, "Another ice cream sugar cane? You know it's not good for your teeth."

"Oh my ice creams. Why do you keep calling me that?!"

"Who asked you to be so cold to me?" He retorts back, crossing his arms, "And 'oh, my ice creams'? Where did that come from?" He raises his eyebrows, as if trying to figure out whether I was a human or a insect.

"Um, I was eating ice cream," I bite into the cone; my tongue feels burnt from the icy coldness, and my teeth is numb, "I'm never cold to you. I just don't like how you act like you're superior all the time."

I peer out at the window in front of me, and he does the same. Outside, there are tables the color of jade with umbrellas standing in the center of the hole, which is at the center of the tables. The seats are wet because of the rain earlier. Nevertheless, there are still groups of families sitting there with a piece of cardboard box on the seats. Kids run outside, their mouths appearing to be yelping with happiness.

Before long, my ice cream is long gone, and I accidentally burp. Hastily, I cover my mouth in embarrassment.

Oh my goodness, is this how you repay me, you stupid stomach?

Chase chuckles in amusement and points to the corner of my mouth, "I guess that's the result of eating too much. You, uh, still have a little something right there."

"Where?" I try to get rid of what he is pointing at, but I don't feel anything at all.

He chortles, "Here, I'll do it." Before I realize what he meant, he cups my chin and cleans my mouth with a napkin. "There you go sugar cane."

Okay, Chase Parker is touching my chin. His fingers are on my chin. He is wip --

"Hey, are you okay? Your cheeks are burning -- "

"Chase Parker!"

A female voice screeches behind me and immediately, I resist the urge to jump out of my seat. Mind I also remind you that we are currently inside a restaurant (not that it is a fancy one, but it's still a restaurant) with some people in there. Because of that, just about everyone is now staring at us -- the three teenagers. At least, according to the voice I heard, it sounds like a teenage girl, but hey you never know. It might be a guy.

"Is this why you broke up with me?!"

Okay, it's definitely a girl now.

I turn around and am shocked by who it is. Delilah Wilson stands in front of me, her Medusa eyes gaping evilly down at me. If looks really can kill, I'll probably be turned into a stone by this point.

"Who," she jabs her index finger at my shoulders, her long, pointy nail pinching the skin beneath the sweater, "is this?"

Here's a little back story for Delilah.

She's in the 11th grade like me, and she is known as one of the evilest and meanest girl in school. Well, that's what the rumors say, but now I have to agree with the rumor. She could've just ask for my name because I am a human, not a robot. Oh, and by the way, they say if you mess with her, your life in high school is over. Well, not literally, but you get my point.

Now there's another fact to add to that. She's also Chase's ex-girlfriend.

"My girlfriend." Chase stands up in defense and grabs my wrists, "Come on sugar cane. We're leaving," he commands, his voice slightly taunt. "Just help me with this," he whispers softly as he holds my hand in possession.

"I was only using you to make her jealous," Alex's honeyed voice rings back into my ear. "You're nothing but a tool, Natalie Ryals."

We walk out of McDonald's, with Delilah constantly yelling behind us.

"Chase Parker! Come back here, or you'll regret it!"

When we're in front of the car, I quickly snatch my hands away from his, not believing that I'm being used once again like an idiot.

"Oh, sorry," he smiles sheepishly and rubbed the back of his hair. "Thanks, by the way. She's annoying."

"Take me home now," I clench my fists, trying to get rid of the memories, but things apparently doesn't work that way.

"And to think that you thought I was actually serious," Alex laughs coldly.

"Natalie? Natalie?" Chase holds onto my shoulders, staring at me anxiously.

"Just. Take. Me. Home. Chase. Parker," I glare at him, deciding whether I should punch him or not, before closing my eyes to stop the furious tears from escaping.

They use you, and then once you're useless to them, they throw you away like a rag doll.

Song: "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne

A/N: Ahaha! Finally another character is introduced! Well, hope y'all like it! Vote and comment? :P