Chapter 27: The Explanation

Convincing Chase to stay for one night was easy seeing how he could barely walk straight, let alone drive home without getting in a car wreck. Plus with him being drunk, I have no idea what he will will do when he goes outside, so I requested for him to just go to sleep.

But cleaning up the mess he caused?

Not so much.

The smell of puke and just the sight of it was enough to make me want to vomit myself, and it certainly wasn't helping that the mess was a gigantic heap of puddle next to my closet, which meant that I'm going to have to wash the majority of my clothing because there was still a small amount around the bottom of the closet.

How much did he drink?!

During that time that Chase had been sleeping soundlessly (thank goodness he doesn't snore) in my room, I had gotten out of the room about three times to make coffee for myself; I still had to study for exams coming up if I wanted to pass my classes with at least C's. It was around midnight when I finally finished cleaning the puke from my room, and I only had the bathroom left to cleanup, but I still had to be quiet since by now, everyone was probably asleep but me.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of horror movies, especially since I just finished watching The Ring with Seth and Zoe a few days ago, and it scared the heck out of me. While I was pouring another cup of coffee in a pitched dark kitchen where the only light source was the flashlight on my phone, I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. Normally, I wouldn't be so freaked out about this since I would have the common sense to know that it's probably just my mom or dad or Roxanne in the hallway, but not this time. All I was thinking of was a girl in a white dress crawling out of a T.V and on her way to kill me, and that thought wasn't exactly that pleasant.

So what did I do when the kitchen lights suddenly came on?

Well, I dropped my cup of coffee, and the porcelain cup toppled over the counter and spilled out most of the coffee in there, and I winced out in pain since some drops of the content hit my hand. There was barely any drop, but it still hurt considering the fact that it's practically hot coffee; luckily, the rest liquid didn't hurt me since I jumped away from it the minute I dropped the cup. Roxanne rushed over to help me, apologizing for scaring me, which I reassured her was really nothing.

"It's okay, Rox. I've just been watching too much horror movies."

I'm never going to watch another horror movie, even if people bargain me free money to watch it.

After we cleaned up the mess, she explained to me that she couldn't sleep since we were currently two hours ahead of what time her home is (she lives in California), and I explained to her that I was trying to stay awake to study for exams. Then for some reason, I felt that it was safe and better to tell her that my friend was drunk, so he had threw up in my room, which is really the reason why I'm up so late right now.

When she heard that, she simply chuckled, "No wonder there was thumping noises earlier on. No, I understand, the same happened to me once. Your mom came home drunk once after a party, and I had to clean up the mess for her. It wasn't fun at all."

"Really? I never expected my mom to go to college parties," I pursed my lips slightly at the thought. For years, my mom had been teaching me to not talk to strangers, and now the thought of her goofing off with college boys just didn't seem appealing to her older daughter.

Roxanne must've seen the disapproval look on my face because she quickly corrected herself, "It was a small party. Just some close friends and us, and she only had one bottle of beer. She's not a heavy drinker."