Will it Last? (Joey Graceffa Fanfic)(Paysons POV)

I zip up my last suitcase, and sit down on my bed. I look up at the light blue and purple walls, and sigh. This would no longer be my room. This is no longer my home.

I drag my last suitcase down the stairs, and out to my car. I shut my cars trunk door, and walked inside. My mom and dad were sitting at the kitchen table.

"Tyler, come downstairs and say goodbye to your sister" my mom said as she stood up from her seat to hug me. My 11 year old brother Tyler came running downstairs, and into my arms. My dad hugged me and said

"I love you. Call us if you need anything in California". He smiled.

"Thanks, dad" I said, "but I think I'll be fine".

My mom came over to me and handed me a small red box with blue ribbon. I lifted the top off and saw my grandmothers small pearl necklace. I looked at the necklace and back up at her.

"Mom" I began.

"No. Take it" My mom said smiling at me.

My mom lifted the small pearl necklace up out of the box, and tied it around my neck. I ran my hand over the beautiful necklace and hugged her once more. I was going to miss her so much. I was going to miss my whole family so much, my friends, my cat Layla. I was going to miss all of Chicago so much.

As I got into my car, and started driving away, I looked out the window, and saw my family looking out the window back at me waving. As I backed out of the driveway and onto the street, I pulled out my small purple camera and pressed record.

"Well," I began, "Goodbye, Chicago" I said holding back tears.

"Hello California" I small smile came across my face.

I had been wanting to do this so long, and I was finally doing it. Why wasn't I as happy as I thought I'd have been?