22. ABBA & Motown - Live Show 8

The same barbershop, the same red chairs, the same mirrors. Not the same girl that stared back at me. “Oh, Mila is back.” A woman with shoulder length black hair greeted me, she was familiar but I wasn’t sure if it was Jasmine. She caught my puzzled look, “I am Jasmine, the one who dyed your hair pink.” I stood up and shook her hand. “I knew I’ve seen you somewhere before.” She laughed and pushed me back into the chair. “Well I thought we are going to do some highlights.” Was the last thing she said before she dyed my hair again and cut a bit of it so it ended in the middle of my upper arm. I got some white and dark pink highlights. I started smiling like an idiot as she curled my hair.

A van drove me back; I had to pull up my hoodie because like the first time no-one was supposed to see my new hair. It wasn’t a big change but you still were able to see what Jasmine did. It was pretty of course, but I missed my old dirty blonde hair. It was already 6 o’clock so as I entered the house, everyone was out besides Rylan. “Mils, let me look at your hair.” He pulled my hoodie off and frowned. “What?” I snapped at him, and pulled it back up. “I was just, sorry.” He apologies, and I hugged him. “You look like cotton candy.” I let a laugh slip out my lips. “Wanna cook with da cotton candy Lady?” I held out my hand like in the old movies when the man asked the girl for a dance. “It’ll be my pleasure.” He took and seconds later he had me pulled over his shoulder and dragged me into the kitchen. He put me down and we started cooking the only thing we could. Spaghetti.

I couldn’t sit there and wait till the others would arrive because I needed to get ready. I ran the stairs up to my room, locked myself in and got into the bathroom where I stripped down my clothes and made a loose bun, not to ruin my hair that much. The hot water was relaxing, and the strawberry scent from my shower gel filled the air and lifted my mood. I got goose bumps just thinking about the date; of course I went on dates before. But George just, I couldn’t put it in words. Whenever I was around him, or we talked or anything that included him made me feel happy, yeah he made me feel happy. When I’m hanging out with him I feel like a better person. ’Yes because your past was pretty dark sweety, and Joe made you feel like on top of the world, well just because-‘

I couldn’t let my brain finish the thought, it was too hurtful, and too much pain was including it. I packed it into a box and put it into the furthest corner of my brain. The yellow towel was wrapped around my body while I was putting on a bit make up. A light concealer, foundation, natural pink blush, brushed my eyelashes and then curled them and put on light pink lipstick. I opened the bun, and gladly my hair was falling down my shoulders and my back. I sprayed it with a bit hairspray so the curls couldn’t leave. As I got into my room I changed into my undies and the light green dress, the color matched with my eye color. The upper part was ruffled, around my waist was a brown belt with a golden lock it parted the ruffled part and the simple fabric, till it stopped five centimeters over my knee. Then I got into my nude heels. Everything felt right, every move I made. George told me to dress fancy but I had to keep it casual. I was packing my clutch and looked at my phone, I had to be downstairs in five minutes. But someone knocked on my door, “Mils, are you ready?” Just as I was about to answer my phone started peeping. It was Leigh wishing me good luck for my date. With a huge smile plastered on my face I made my way to the door and grabbed halfway my jacket.

Georges’ mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ shape as he saw me. I giggled as his eyes wandered up and down my body, I cleared my throat and his view fixed again on my face. “Uhm, you look beautiful.” I smiled. “Thank you, you don’t look bad yourself.” He wore a simple dark jeans, button up shirt and a dark jacket. We chatted on the way to the restaurant. As we arrived I was laughing that much that my stomach hurt so much from it. The restaurant was a little one, it kind of reminded me of the one Bella and Edward went to in the first Twilight movie. “After you.” He leaded me to our table and pulled the chair out for me.