As the dust settles

Kayla's mother rushed to Anna in tears.

She stutters and in a pain tone whispers "what happened"?

Anna answers truthfully.

"I let this get way out of hand, its all my fault. I just know she lost a lot of blood and turned blue. The doctors are doing everything they can. I got there as soon as I could. Its all my fault".

She cut off in mid sentence. She collapsed on the floor and started crying uncontrollably.

Kayla's mother pulled Anna up. "Its not your fault. I knew she was in pain for a long time what with her father dying and all. I just ignored it with all the stress I had on myself".

"Well get over it together", Luke said reassuringly to both of them bringing them into a hug.

Just as they finished their touching moment the doctor walked in.

"Mrs. Conners"?, the doctor asked while approaching kayla's mother.

"Yea doc let me have the news".

The doctor began "listen kayla has lost alot of blood. She need a transfusion from one of the three of you depending on which one tests for the same blood as her. Ill send the nurse to come get you for testing in a few minutes. We are doing all we can but she may have lost partial activity of her brain."

Kayla's mom burst out "will she make it"?

"All we can do now is pray Mrs. Conners. The odds are not are her side. But miracles happen every day".

With that he left them.

Kayla's mother had gone to make phone calls leaving Anna and Luke alone.

Anna knew what she had to do but it would be hard.

She turned to Luke "listen Luke I love you but I can't see you anymore. Our relationship is not good for Kayla. It's the reason Kayla is here in the first place." After your test I want you to go and forget about me".

Luke began screaming at her "it is not you heard her mother she had problems long before and hadnt told anyone. You're not the only one in this relationship. I am not giving up on you without a fight. I love you, you're my soul mate don't deny it"!

He began tearing and so did she. She ran out leaving him alone.