When he's upset

Louis: When Louis is upset it’s best to stay away. Whatever angered him will settle to the back of his mind soon enough and he’ll forget. He’ll forget how easily he snapped at you, and he’ll forget how frightened you looked. When Louis is upset, it’s best to give him his personal space, his time alone so it all blows over his pretty little head. His steam cools down and soon enough you’re back in his arms giggling like small children.

Niall: When Niall is upset it’s best to stay with him. He likes the comfort of physical contact, but he can’t stand to speak, so you stay quiet. Minutes pass, and then so do hours, but all he wants to do is hold you in his arms to calm himself down. When Niall is upset it’s best to be willing to be held anyway he wants to hold you: on his lap, twisted in his legs, leaning on his chest, or him as the big spoon.

Liam: When Liam is upset it’s best to talk to him. He likes your voice, especially when it’s quiet, soft, and the only thing he can hear. When you’re talking you’re Liam’s favorite track on repeat, calming his mind and relaxing his clenched fists. When Liam is upset it’s best to say anything. He wants to hear how your day was, and all the gossip about your best friend and her boyfriend.

Zayn: When Zayn is upset it’s best to touch him. When your fingers run though his hair, scratching his scalp softly, he can’t help but to get lost in your feel. He loves taking in your sweet lilac and candy mixed scent that makes him dizzy, but in the good way. When Zayn is upset it’s best to smile at him as his temper fades, and his fingers loosen their grip on yours while you continue to hold on, playing with them.

Harry: When Harry is upset it’s best to make jokes. Harry loves to smile, and he loves to be happy, so when he’s upset you can’t stand it. Something about the corny jokes you find online makes him laugh and smile, and that’s your favorite, time – when you can give back to him. When Harry is upset it’s best to do what you do best, make him happy. He’s not upset for long because you get him right back on track, and soon you’re making each other laugh.