Chapter Nine - Fight for the CrescentGlass

"You!" Birch shrieked, storming into the room.

As she went into the room at a face, fleeting pace, Akira did a shock peep from her rising voice. As she, Akira, Usagi, Hanako, and Atlas came in with a sense of wise cautiousness, Nebekenesa whipped around and aggressively met his gaze with Birch's. Though Birch could not see his true face, his illuminating eyes seemed to bring Birch to a halt of aghast feelings. This gaze they were both locked in gave her a recall of her dream. She could hear the snapping and rustling of the leaves and branches in that ominous graveyard. Now, in this current moment, the atmosphere of that graveyard seemed to make its rise again...

"Seems that I've met Birch once again," Nebekenesa cackled. "Ever since you've escaped the grounds of my castle, and even you've escaped Hachiro, I've vowed to get you back. And you must be here for The CrescentGlass, aren't you?"

"Y-Yeah..." Birch said with forced bravery, her voice quavering with nervousness. "Yes, I am here for it. But I'm going to get it, and you won't!"

"In fact, I've come here for the same thing," Nebekenesa said, emitting a frightening glow to his loathsome, beaming eyes behind his bleached-exposed mask. "After going through that basement, I came all that way to here, in the heart of this ruthless chamber."

So it was him, Birch thought. He must've been the one who kept that door handle attached to the door. He was the one who went into that basement and into this chamber...

"And since you're also here for The CrescentGlass, I won't let you clasp that precious necklace of the time-glass," Nebekenesa continued belligerently. "I've come to destroy it, so you won't be able to check on how long the full moon will make its rise."

But when Birch was about to retort back with such toothsome anger, a swirl of shadows churned and swirled to life. As it expanded and exposed in this room, Hachiro seemed to form and appear right out of it. His eyes, caked with a color of cardinal, blood-like red, caught Birch's attention at first sight, making her more daunted by this bloodcurdling situation. Unnaturally, it lay anxiousness on her shoulders, like boulders have been pounded onto her shoulders.

"Ah, Birch! We meet again!" Hachiro cackled atrociously. And with such a hot-blooded, vicious appearance, he narrowed his eyes, spreading a wicked smile straight across the room. He delivered it to Birch to make her feel the most negative feelings possible.

"It's you," Birch snarled. "You're Hachiro. That hated, wretched follower of Nebekenesa."

Just like humans, She thought.

"I'll take you all down," Birch said corrosively, ready to roll out her faithful and trustworthy digital drawing pen. "But I don't want to fight. Just let me take The CrescentGlass."

"Like we'd give it to you!" Hachiro spat dastardly, poising out his Conjuring Weapon.

"Don't you know how foolish you are, Birch?" Nebekenesa suddenly spoke. "Coming here for the necklace just for the full moon—being labeled as some pitiful Chosen Warrior." He spat out the last two words of his quickly as if he could not bare the taste of it in his mouth. "Pretty soon, you'll be the one who will be dead. You'll join the rest of the useless dead bodies in here."

Birch did a jittery jolt, never knowing that there were dead bodies in the chamber. As her companions behind wielded their Conjuring Weapons, with Usagi whimpering and slightly bringing out hers, Nebekenesa waved out his hand. Then his Calamity of Vortex blindingly appeared before him, and as he deplorably stepped up forward, he aimed his grotesque eyes into Birch's.