𝟑𝟎

ELSIE

ELSIE

I was nervous.

The whole garden was filled with people. Well Fenix's and my family. His parents were here, his sister, Kieran, Aspen and Sally.

Yavuz was also invited and so were Winston and Leon.

There were no strangers here but still, I was the centre of attention. Everyone was congratulating me and talking to me.

I loved them but their attention was making anxious. Ian was extra happy and occasionally talked to Sally.

Bridget, Alannah and Aspen were next to me and talked about Bridget's new collection. As much as I tried to listen, I was constantly getting distracted by my husband.

Fenix stood by his dad and the other men. He was smiling and explaining something to them. He was dressed in a white shirt that stretched over his biceps and torso. The sleeves were rolled up.

His legs were covered in black slacks.

He was holding a glass of a drink in his hands. The pinky ring and his wedding band decorating his fingers.

No matter how much I stared at him, it was not enough. His hair was lazily tossed back and he occasionally ran his fingers through it.

"Get a room you two." Aspen whispered in my ear.

"What?" I asked, not sure if I heard her right. My mind was all over the place.

"Look at you. You are not even listening." She took a sip of her drink and shook her head. "I said you have been devouring your husband with your eyes." She spoke quietly thankfully. I didn't need my mother and sister in law hearing that.

"I kind of wanna slap you now because of that 'we're not gonna fall in love, this is not a movie'. Look at you now. You should always listen to me."

"Okay I admit. You are always right." I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled.

"By the way Kieran has been staring your way the whole time." I raised my brows and pointed my eyes at Kieran who was standing by Fenix, his eyes constantly moving to Aspen.

"Yeah, we hooked up couple of weeks ago and I haven't called him or anything." She said calmly while shrugging.

"You what?" I whisper yelled and pulled her to the side. Bridget and Alannah were still having a conversation.

"I won't call him though. He left without saying anything. I'm not dumb to chase him." She took the last sip and placed the glass on the table a little too aggressive.

"Didn't I told you to not let me speak to real men ever? You should have warned me."

"Aspen I had no idea what kind of intentions you two had. You said that you are not interested in him."

"I did." She said and her shoulders slumped. "Anyway enough about that roach." She turned her back to him. "You look stunning Elsie. I didn't get a chance to say it earlier."

"Thank you." I grinned. "Look, Fenix got me these for my birthday." I pointed to my heels. They were yellow with diamonds on them.

My royal blue dress reached above my ankles and had thin straps. My hair was in soft waves and I had a the necklace with the green gem that Aiden got me.

"They are beautiful. You're lucky that you met him. He is smitten by you." He really was. I never really thought that I was going to have a husband like him. Ever.

I thought I was going to stay single with no hope of getting married. I was making peace with it and suddenly he appeared.

"Can we talk?" Sally placed her hand on my shoulder. I turned around and nodded. Aspen left us alone and grabbed Ian's hand and took him away from us.

The garden was decorated with fairly lights and there were tables set in a row. There were many flowers and candles in the middle. We ate the dinner and in about half hour, we were going to cut the cake.

"How are you Elsie? We haven't really had time to see each other."

"I'm good. Kind of overwhelmed at the moment." She grinned in understanding. Her hair was up and she had a beige summer dress on.

"Ian looks happy. I'm glad he is willing to talk to me."

"Of course he is, Sally." She still looked heartbroken but it was evident that she was trying. She called regularly and made sure to do everything in her power to make it up to Ian.

"Will you go with me to the bank? You know the money Aiden left for us." Aiden has left around 20.000 for each of us. I was going to give my money to a charity for cancer patients. I didn't need it so I wanted to give it away to people who did.

I wanted to help people who were in his situation.

"Yeah I'll go." She nodded. "But don't worry... I won't take Ian away from you. As much as I would love for him to be with me, I don't think I deserve it. And I can't do that to him." Her eyes glossed.

"He loves you and he has Fenix as his dad. I can't take that away from him. He's happier with you Elsie. You are more to him than I'll ever be."

"Shh, please don't cry." I pulled her to me and smoothed her hair.

I can't lie and say I haven't really thought of it. I was scared that Sally might want to have Ian back. She had a really good job that paid well and now with the money, she was probably going to look for a place to have on her own.

I felt a relief wash over me at her words.

"The cake is here!" Bridget exclaimed and we all turned our heads to her.

Leon placed the cake on the table and quickly retreated back with the crowd.

The cake was stunning. With flowers and strawberries on top. It looked delicious.

Awkwardly and with so much anxiety, I walked over to the table and interviewed my fingers. Everyone was smiling, their laughters filled the air around us.

They looked happy and I finally had a family. Someone to celebrate my happiness with me.

I looked at everyone's faces and felt my heart fill with joy.

Finally I looked at Fenix and smile stretched over my face. He winked at me and mouthed I love you. I closed my eyes, wishing for a birthday wish.

I blew the candles and claps echoed around me.

🤍🤍🤍