eleven; alpha pact

ALPHA PACT

"How are they?"

Isaac's shoulders were slumped as he stood next to Derek, staring down at the two brunettes lying on Derek's bed, looking as if they were barely breathing. Carter had fallen unconscious as soon as they had managed to get her and Cora out of the ambulance and she had been that way since - out cold and barely hanging on.

"Cora's been coming in and out for hours," Derek muttered, his eyes never wandering from the two girls. "Carter hasn't moved at all and her heart rate is really low - her heart's barely even beating."

Isaac's eyes flickered over to the youngest Hale, honing in on her heartbeat, he could hardly hear it over the sound of his own pounding heart. "They're dying, aren't they?"

"I don't know," Derek answered, his hands running over his face.

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know."

He would find something; anything to get them better without Jennifer's help. He needed to find a way because he wasn't going to lose the only family he had left. If he lost them, even one of them, he wasn't sure if he would be able to fight any longer.

"Gonna figure something out?" Isaac wondered, running his hands through his hair in panic, "because while Scott, Stiles, and Carter were out there trying to help people from being killed, you were in here rolling in the sheets with the actual killer." He pointed out, tears rushing to the surface as he looked at the girls. "Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora and Carter are dying - and you are doing nothing!" He shouted, taking a deep breath as a curious thought popped in his head: "Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely?"

Isaac knew he was being harsh, and that Derek was doing this for Carter and Cora, but that didn't justify the fact that he was shutting everything else out. If Isaac could go back in time to when Derek had offered him the bite - he would've said no, but he couldn't go back; it was all in the past now. So, all he could do now was make sure that all the other shit going on got settled.

"Maybe," Derek admitted, glancing up at the curly-haired Beta.

That had been all Isaac needed to hear. He spun on his heels, turning away from Derek and made his way toward the exit.

Derek's voice suddenly broke out: "I told Cora and Carter I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to save them."

Isaac's body tensed, feeling his anger bubble over as he whirled around to face the man that had his back turned to him. "There's no time! The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa are going to be dead, so I'm gonna try and help them." He moved up the stairs, the teenage boy turned around just before he left completely, "You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing."

Isaac left after that, not bothering to turn around as he sought to try and help his friends. He knew what if felt like to lose a parent and he refused to allow the people he cared about experience the agony he had went through.

When the tension in the loft died down, Peter spoke up: "I wouldn't take it personally," he began, rising out of the shadows and made his way down the spiral staircase. "Anger is just a tool. He's using it to excuse shifting allegiance from one Alpha to another - or, two Alphas in this case. From you to Scott and Carter."