Chapter - 20 : Mumbai Meri Jaan (PART - B)

In The Hotel, Mumbai:

Roohi gave Abhimanyu a side hug as he continued with his instructions over the call. Because she was going to stay in the property itself, the security didn't tag along. The hotel itself is nothing short of a fortress with top notch security.

For once, the makers chose this to avoid media interruption, but it worked in Roohi's favour much to her delight.

Anya and Roohi spent a lot of time together. They have sat and chatted for hours that day, and Roohi didn't feel bored even for a minute. The conversation just flowed. For Anya, what started as a pretense, became very organic by the time it ended and she was left wanting for more.

Anya wasn't acting anymore and even if she hated to admit, she loved Roohi's company. The girl was smart, perceptive, accommodating and kind, all at once. Anya never had friends she could sit and chat with for hours. 

People failed to hold her attention most often than not, but Roohi was different. Her passion, her knowledge, her zeal and her life experiences had Anya hooked. She wanted to know more about the Birlas and was busy convincing herself that she was just collecting information that might come handy in future. 

Their meeting was cut short when Neil came looking for her. Abhimanyu was taking a nap while Neil just went out for some shopping to distract himself from all the conspiracy theories his mind was making. When Abhimanyu told him that Roohi was spending time with some new girl they hardly knew, he couldn't stop himself from seeking Roohi.

Neil didn't know what exactly but his gut feeling was indicating some foul play in some corner but everything seemed too vague to pursue. When he saw Roohi and Anya chatting away, his frown relaxed. They looked like girls gossiping their problems away. 

They looked so comfortable in each other's company that he didn't feel like disturbing them. But again, he wasn't comfortable with the idea of Roohi spending too much time with a rank stranger in their absence. 

Neil was worried that Roohi might end up trusting easily and then get hurt. People out there can be very mean, and he was just looking out for her. When he got told that Anya happens to be responsible for Roohi, he visibly relaxed. 

He was happy that Roohi was warming up to her because she might have to deal a lot with that new girl during the course of competition. So that will make the things smoother and having a girl around whom you can turn to, in need is a different feeling altogether. 

So, he let his defenses down and gave Anya a handshake. It was a firm handshake, but his touch was nowhere close to creepy. So, Anya smiled back warmly. 

"Kab se dhoondh raha hoon Princess aapko? Kabse ho yahan?" Neil enquired. 

"Aap sab busy the na. Aap toh dikhe bhi nahi mujhe. Main bore ho rahi thi and suddenly she dropped by.....Introduce toh karahi chuki hoon. She is my go to girl in this show. So, bas time pass kar rahe the kabse." Roohi responded.