146 - Troubling West

Either I've just been more expressive lately or others got very good at reading me. I apparently couldn't hide a disturbed look on my face. Upon returning I was asked if I was ok by the others in Nightmare's domain. When I asked for clarification I was told I looked a certain way. Annoyed, disturbed, bothered, anything along those lines.

Nightmare however revealed something.

Like anyone else he asked what was up with me and I told him it wasn't anything to worry about yet. But then I asked.

"So what about you? You kinda hurried off there." I did as well but he left faster.

"I felt a negativity spike. It was odd since it was so extreme."

"Really? What happened?"

"Not sure since it just went away. However, it's probably because my brother got there first. He managed to calm things down. I suppose I should've expected as much. He tends to use his positivity to help if he can. Even when he doesn't need to."

"Ah good. Did you see anything else?"

"No. With my brother there it was hard to sense anything else. But I'll definitely keep an eye out in that area." He answered my question.

"Hmm, ok." I brushed off the conversation and didn't think about it until a red flag suddenly made itself very known to me.

"Wait... you said your brother was there?" I asked unsure if I heard correctly.

"Yes. Dream. Why?" He asked.

"That's... that's not possible."

"What do you mean?"

"I went to Underswap when you left and he showed up there because of Swap's distress. He even said that's what he sensed. There's no way he could've been in two places at once." I explained and Nightmare stared, taking in the information.

"Are you sure it was Dream?"

"Yes, he helped give me a bit of a boost after I fixed up my issue. Unless he came to me after he was with you?"

"I don't believe so. He was in no rush with me... now that I think about it he seemed relaxed, not bubbly or any form of energetic. He didn't greet me as he usually does now a days. I figured it was because of the issue but now..." Nightmare trailed off letting his thoughts go.

"We probably have two Dreams running around. Who's to say either we saw is even the real one." I said after a bit.

We both fell into silence. A certain dread was definitely in my core. I've gotten used to one Dream which was tricky on its own. So far I've met two more. One that I didn't like that could fly and another that I did like that also could fly. What more was there? Was it even a different Dream? What if it was just a normal Dream just from different au that didn't belong?

I knew that there were different versions of me but I never actively tried to seek them out. I would have no idea if they would be a different version of me or a different version of just Error. Plus I've met one and that was enough for me.

Then I remembered what I went through. With the glitches, the console, and Underswap.

The intruder and this possible other Dream weren't the same beings.

Dream and Nightmare couldn't exactly ruin an au the same way myself and Ink were able to. Even though Ink can create he was still very much capable of the opposite if he decided to alter things.

"We won't tell the others. Not yet," Nightmare said getting my attention back.

"Any particular reason?"