Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

***Amaya's POV***

"This way, kids! Run if you wanna get away!" Chopper yells from the front of our pack.

"You're on fire, Chopper!" Nami comments about the reindeer.

"Of course! Sanji entrusted me with the important mission of protecting the kids and getting them out of here!" He grins largely as fire blazes in his eyes. "I'll do it! I'll carry it through!"

Three of the yellow-suited pursuers blocked our path, but Chopper made quick work of them with his Kung Fu.

"I'm a man! Leave it up to me!" Chopper declared. Well, he is half-right I guess. I smile at his enthusiasm.

"You're amazing, Racoon Bro!" One of the kids says in excitement.

"I'm not a raccoon! I'm a reindeer! Hi-ya!" He struck a Kung Fu pose.

"Where should we go?" Nami questions.

"That's something you need to figure out. Wachaa!" Chopper responds.

Nami looked at me. I was still enlarged using the Mini-Mini Fruit to carry several children in my hands.

"I'll leave it to you, Miss Navigator." I smile innocently. Sure, I want to help the kids, but I don't know where I'm going.

"Sis? Are we going to be okay?" The same girl asks Nami, worriedly. Apparently, I'm Big Sis while Nami is Sis.

"Of course!" Nami answers. "We've been through situations like this lots of times! So just relax and follow us!"

"Uh-huh!" She agreed happily.

We all took off again, following where the long hallway leads.

After some time, Chopper had a question for the kids.

"Hey, you said 'We are not sick anymore' earlier, didn't you?"

"Huh-huh." One of the kids confirms.

"What kind of sickness did you have? None of you look sick to me! Right, Ama?"

I nod in agreement. They all acted really healthy in fact.

"I don't know. But they told us that we were sick and we'd get better in a year."

A year is oddly specific and vague at the same time. I don't know of any sickness that takes that exact time span. Sure there were methods of treatment that would take up to or over a year, but even those were far and in between in this world. I couldn't imagine a group of kids this size to all need the same thing.

"And the people who were asked to treat me by my mom and my dad took me to this place." Another tags in.

"That means your parents took you to this place?" Nami wonders.

"Not really, those people told me that out of the blue in front of my house and took me here." The same kid continued to explain. "They said they didn't want my dad and mom to get infected. So I couldn't even say goodbye."

"That's what happened to you all?" Nami asks again, earning a chorus of agreements. "No way! It seems they were kidnapped!" Nami voiced my thoughts.

Chopper was fooled like normal, thinking that they were really sick if they couldn't even say goodbye to their parents. Nami slapped some sense into him. Chopper then was worried for their health, offering to carry some of the other kids who couldn't fit in my cupped hands.

Many dog-piled him after his offer.

"They look fine to me." I chuckle at their interactions.

"Yes, we are! The Master has been treating us." One of the boy's exclaims.