𝟏𝟕: 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐀 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄

A few days later...

"You're doing great, girls, why don't you go to lunch after we're done with this shoot?" Nadine mentions as we're all gathered in the studio.

I smiled at her. "Sounds good," I coo, right at the same time as Sloane exclaims, "Yay, yes, please!"

We were on the fourth and final look of a very popular client in the beauty world. Her beauty brand was well known, and she also had a big social media presence. We were honored that she chose to work with us, so we made her look like a real-life princess for her spread in The Modern Mode.

Since we opened at 10 am, we've all been working our butts off. To say I was hungry would be an understatement.

After our shoot was done, Sloane and I let out a sigh of relief as we headed to the break room to grab our purses. We would walk down the block to Chipotle to grab lunch and bring it back to eat in the break room.

We had one more shoot today, but Nadine told us not to rush since the next shoot didn't start until 2:30 pm. Right as we grabbed our purses, we heard the bell that hung above the front door ring. Our client had already left, and Nadine was eating lunch in her office.

Sloane and I furrowed our brows as we faintly heard Lillian, our front desk receptionist, talking to somebody.

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍

It was Monday, aka the day that I went around the city to check on my restaurants and clubs. I usually checked my three clubs in the morning, when they were closed, The Sandwich Shop in the afternoon, and La Vida in the evening.

Besides our typical good morning texts, I haven't talked to Maeve today. I knew she was busy at work, and she knew I would be scooting around the city pretty much all day, too. But I wanted to surprise her today.

I pre-ordered a catering order from The Sandwich Shop, just picked it up, and was on my way to The Modern Mode. It was a little after noon, so I was hoping that I could catch Maeve at the right time.

After finding a spot down the street, I cut the engine of my Porsche, grabbed the bag with all of our best sandwiches, and walked down the sidewalk to the door of The Modern Mode. When I walked in, a bell above my head startled me.