🄰🄿🄾🄻🄾🄶🄸🄴🅂

Oh, what a valiant roar, what a bland goodbye,
the coward claimed he was a lion, I'm combing through the braids of lies.

»»———— ★ ————««

»»———— ★ ————««

And of all people, of course it had to be Max who found me. And his stubborn ass brought me to a hospital rather than just my hotel room.

The doctor was quick to examine me, taking my blood and temperature and doing some quick other tests before bringing me to a room for a night observation. He would come back when the test results were back in, at latest, that would be tomorrow morning.

There was a soft knock on the door, and I straightened my sit just a little to be a little more presentable for my mom. I knew she would be the one to judge me the less, and right now, I really needed my mom.

My face went pale when Charles entered the room, he closed the door immediately, and stared at me, not moving another inch. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Max to call my mom. Of course, he was going to call my brother.

"I... I asked for Mom."

"Max didn't have her number."

"And he failed to mention it to you, I see."

Charles sighed softly, rubbing his hands over his pants as he took a seat next to me, "He did mention it. But she is sleeping already, and I didn't want to wake her."

I rolled my eyes at him ignoring just one simple request, something Charles immediately picked up.

"What's going on, Jasmine? Why did you pass out in the parking lot?"

"It's just the stress leaving my body. I've been feeling like shit for a few weeks now. Isn't that the reason why you left me sleeping in your driver's room?"

Charles nodded, "Yeah."

"Charles, it is the truth."

"The truth?" His voice was laced with sarcasm. "Is that what you call it?"

"Charlie, I—"

"Don't you dare to go Charlie on me."

I looked at him puzzled, "What is going on with you?"

"Why did you want Mom to come? Why not me?"

"Because you are a boy."

He nodded, "Did the doctor already do some tests? Are the results in already?"

"He did, and no, they are not," I looked at the time, realizing it was way too late for Charles to stay here all night if he had to race tomorrow. "I am okay, I promise. You can go."

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples, "I am really craving something spicy."