Chapter 14: Showing Jennifer Around

On that Monday, Abby, Antonio and Gianna were walking down 7th Avenue approaching 47th Street after coming from the 49th street station in Times Square and with them were Jennifer, Tayluer, Eleiyah, Maxine and K.N. as the three decided to show them around New York City as the time was 1:30 pm.

"Jennifer, Tayluer, Eleiyah, Maxine, K.N., let us be the first to say welcome to Times Square." Abby told them.

"This is cool." Tayluer said, admiring Times Square.

"I like the lights." Eleiyah commented.

"You should see Times Square at night." Antonio commented. "Also, this is where they drop the ball for New Years' Eve and when the ball drops, the new year sign lights up."

"Cool." Jennifer said.

"Thoughts of New York so far?" Abby asked.

"It's a wonderful city with so many things." Maxine responded.

"Also, we have a ton of theaters to check out Broadway shows." Gianna stated.

"Mom took me to see Jersey Boys one time and i loved it." Antonio reminisced.

"We sure did."

"Did you know there's a diner on 51st Street and Broadway called the Stardust Diner? It's a multi-level diner that is 50's themed that has memorabilia and singing servers." Gianna added.

"That's cool, maybe we can head there." Jennifer suggested.

"What do you think?" Antonio asked Abby.

"Let's do it." Abby replied as she, Antonio, Gianna, Jennifer, Eleiyah, Tayluer, K.N. and Maxine headed to the Stardust Diner and after entering, they were walked to a table.

"This is an amazing place." Tayluer remarked.

"Yeah." Eleiyah commented.

"This is one of my favorite places to eat." Antonio said.

"I've been taking Antonio here since he was really, really little." Abby remarked as a waiter came to their table and after their orders were taken, their food arrived minutes later and they began eating.

"Wow, this is some good food." Jennifer complimented.

"Yeah." K.N. added.

"Question." Maxine said. "Where are the Baseball stadiums here in New York?"

"Well, we have Yankee Stadium in Bronx and it's home of the 27 Time World Series champions Yankees and also, there's Citi Field located in Queens and it's home of the Mets. The best way to get to Yankee Stadium is either MTA's Lexington Avenue Express, 6 Avenue Exoress or MNRR's Harlem, Hudson or New Haven branches and the best way to get to Citi Field is either MTA's 7 Flushing Local or Express subway or LIRR's Port Washington branch."

"Wow, that's cool." Eleiyah remarked.

"The Yankees have 27 World Series Championships?" Tayluer remarked. "That's a team that knows how to win."

"Yeah, they won their last title in 2009 and me and my mom were there at Yankee Stadium when they beat the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 6, it was a nutty night." Antonio said.

"We sure were and the trains on the way home were packed with celebrating Yankees fans." Abby added.

"I bet that was cool." K.N. commented.

"That it was." Antonio stated. "Also, in the spring and summer, we's go to Luna Park that's located in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn."

"What's Luna Park?" Jennifer asked.

"It's an amusement park that has a lot of rides and games, there's also a boardwalk and a beach underneath. Whenever Mom and i got the chance, we'd catch the train to head there and maybe when the weather gets better, we can head there. Did you know there's an additional park named Deno's Wonder Wheel with a ferris wheel with cars that move and stationary cars? The cars that move are red and blue as the stationary ones are white." Antonio told Jennifer, Eleiyah, Tayluer, K.N. and Maxine.

"Wow." K.N. commented.

"And also, we frequently head to the Empire State Building and there's an outdoor observation deck on the 86th floor and another one, which is indoors on the 102nd floor and you can see everything from there like mom and i see everything from our apartment. And we'd visit the Rockefeller Center and there's an elevator with a see through roof that shows an interactive show as it goes up to the ."67th Floor aka The Top Of The Rock" Abby added.

"That's amazing." Eleiyah remarked.

"Maybe one day, you guys can take us to a baseball game." Jennifer suggested.

"Sounds like a great idea." Abby agreed.

After they were done eating, Abby and Antonio continued to show Jennifer, Eleiyah, Tayluer, K.N. and Maxine around New York City before heading to their homes for the rest of the day.