Chapter 7

As the students of the Xavier institute continued to enjoy their weekend off they were unaware of the tense and stunned silence in the room of the professors office as the shocking revelation continued to hang in the air.

Remy remained seated in the same chair he had left not but a few minutes ago right across from a silent professor who looked deep in thought as he continued to stare at the sullen expression of the young man in front of him. He could see Remy continued to avoid their gaze and instead had his eyes glued to his hands while leaning forward with his elbows resting on his knees. It didn't take a telepath to understand that something like this would have great impact on anyone who heard the news and couldn't begin to comprehend what he was going through.

Remy's stomach continued to twist and turn as the news continued to repeatedly run through his mind over and over again like a broken record. Every breath he took felt painful and it took everything he had to not keel over right now.

To everyone in the room he was just quietly sitting in the chair, trying to process everything that was being told to him. And while that may be true...inside he felt like time had finally slowed down with voices now became muffled to his ears as a part of him didn't want to believe it. Part of him still waited for the moment he'd finally wake up from one of his many nightmares and this would all be over.

"Remy?" Ororo gently asked crouching down next to him, watching as he continued to absently stare at his hands. Worriedly, she looked up to see the same expression on the professor's face as he exhaled deeply, clasping his hands together. "Remy?" she tried again.

"Relax young man." Hank put a firm large hand on the young mutant's shoulder startling him and making him finally glance up. "We understand it's a lot to take in. And we're just as baffled as you since all we know is that somehow you managed to cross on over to this time, and it'll take some time for all of us to even comprehend how."

Remy didn't know what to believe anymore. First, he was told that he wasn't in his time anymore- which still didn't sit well with him, and then he was being comforted by someone with terrifying looking fangs peeking out from under his lip, pointed ears and blue fur all over his body. Between those two he didn't know what shocked him more at this point. He hated to think what he would look like if someone made him angry but given the way Hank was speaking, he doubted the good doctor had a bad temper.

"Hanks right." The professor's warm voice caught his attention next. "If you'll let us help, we can figure this out."

"Figure dis out." Remy quietly said with a bitter smile as he readjusted his position in the chair. "You're tellin' me dat I what.... somehow managed to travel into de future?" he lowly chuckled while looking around at all the serious faces. "An' ended up here? How's dat even possible?"

"We were hoping you could tell us." Logan firmly said as Remy clenched his jaw averting his gaze.

"Remy." Ororo began to say knowing this must be devasting for him.

"No Stormy." He took a deep breath but couldn't keep it together anymore as he made to stand. "T'anks but no t'anks, I'll just let myself out."

As he began walking towards the door Storm gave one more look towards the others before stopping him from leaving. "Wait Remy, we still don't know-"

"Look dis one really appreciates what you good folks tryin' to do here, but dere's nothin' to figure out alright."

Scoffing Logan irritably began to move next to Ororo "Hey listen kid-"

"I have been listenin'!" Remy snapped as he harshly turned to them. "I've been told dat everythin' I know an' ever cared 'bout has been ripped away from me."