EPILOGUE

"I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. But I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.."

PRITHVI

"Are you scared?"

I passed her de-caff coffee cup. She twisted her lips a few times and then inhaled the aroma of the coffee. A slow smile tickled on her lips. My heart skipped a beat and I chuckled in disbelief. It was years now- we studied together, confessed our love, we got married, our kids were on their way to our world- still, my heart beats faster or skips with her one gaze, with her one smile, with her one 'I love you.'

I don't think I'd get used to her. Years later, many years from now, She'd still keep me on my toes with her impulsiveness and grounded me with her matureness, and I'd still very much be crazy about her.

Now, crazy with two kids. My heart practically stopped beating for a few seconds when we heard two heartbeats on the monitor and her doctor confirmed. We were having twins. Everyone went shit crazy that day. Jyothika had mixed feelings of nervousness and happiness, our families were squealing in surprise and I was...overwhelmed. I didn't even realize I had tears in my eyes and I couldn't speak without stuttering that whole day.

It took me several days to normalize this feeling. I was going to hold two babies very soon. Our B-5 was gone double crazy. Arjun had a sly smirk when we joined his team. That lawyer Rajvansh was smugged for no reason. Maybe fatherhood makes you lose half of your senses.

It was the first time Kavya called me on her own. She made me promise to hold our child first in our group. I was happiest to give in. Azar and Ayesha, despite being busy with their pregnancy journey checked on us regularly and helped us with many things.

I can't imagine this exciting yet nerve-wracking journey without strong support systems.

I carefully sat beside her and pushed the stray strands behind her ear. She blinked once as if thanking me and continued her much-needed coffee session. She hated anyone disturbing her moment in her morning drink.

The fresh and woodsy smell of coconut trees was a pleasant way to start a morning.

We were in her village as everyone from her family requested me to leave her in their care for the last trimester of her pregnancy. It was a long back-and-forth discussion of my politely denying and their earnest requests. They were trying to make up for their mistake and pour their affection into her when she was starting her own family.

I had to give in. She didn't openly share her thoughts but I knew she wanted to come here. It was her comfort place and I can't ignore any of her littlest wishes. She was giving the invaluable gift that no one in the world could ever match its worth in this life.

My protective side and my restless heart refused to leave her alone. All by herself. I'm sure her family- mainly her mother and Ammu are more experienced than me with delivery and everything but I know her. Every want, every need, every wish, every madness, every desire before she could even put them in words.

And I was selfish. I didn't want to miss any day of our pregnancy journey. I lived to realize with every sunset that one more day was less to hold the little bundles of joy in my arms.

It's been three days since we were in Ammu's guest house. Dadi Ji was with Bua Dadi Ji and both would join us in a couple of weeks. I have suggested Dad and Aunty visit Gayu. They all needed family time.

I was happier that we got to spend another week here. We planned to shift to her parent's place. Mainly, it was Jyothika. I had to make a trip to Mumbai.