The taming of the shrew - chapter 2

Pete climbed out of the hitch-hiked car and looked around. He was impressed, there were people rushing around trying to get to places, there were buildings everywhere, and it was extremely noisy. Any normal person would have hated it here in London, but not Pete, Pete liked a fuss and a challenge. He saw the house he needed to get to and walked straight to it. He stood on the door step and rung the door bell. The door swung open and Pete went straight in for a manly hug,

"Harry!" said Pete.

"Pete! Come on in!" said Harry as he pulled back and stepped aside so Pete could walk in. Pete found his way to the living room and sat down on a cream coloured, soft couch. he leaned against an arm rest and put his feet up on the other one. Harry walked in holding his rucksack,

"I'll bring this in then," he said, with a sigh, dropping the bag on the floor next to Pete.

"So, what's been happening?" said Pete whilst putting his hands behind his head. Harry sat down on an arm chair next to him,

"Well, not much really. Except, I really like this girl, well actually I love her," he said, twiddling his thumbs. He frowned when he saw Pete smirk at the thought.

"I'll have you know, she has actually considered having lunch with me before!" said Harry in a matter-of-fact manner.

"So, how'd that turn out?" said Pete, sitting up properly. Harry looked down at his knees,

"well, she had to cancel because she was shopping with some friends..." Harry spoke quietly. Pete burst out laughing. He got up and walked over to harry, put his hand on his shoulder, stifling back another laugh,

"Maybe she's not, the one," he said, before he burst out laughing again, and walked out of the room. Harry sighed and picked up a photo frame standing on the coffee table.

"But you're the one, Bianca," he said to the picture, and put it back down again.

Harry and Pete decided to go out for dinner that night. They went to a popular three star restaurant, which was astonishing for Pete, as he considered McDonalds to be a treat. 

"So, why are you here anyway?" said Harry, through mouthfuls of food.

"Well, Dad died, and he decided to only leave me two pounds. I think that was his joke after death. So basically I'm jobless, homeless, and girl-less... If that's a word."

Harry laughed, but stopped when he choked on his spaghetti and had to take a drink of water.

"Well, keep your hands off Bianca. She's mine,"

"Yeah, yeah, okay," said Pete smugly. They sat quietly for a while, just eating, and then Harry started laughing all of a sudden. 

"What?" said Pete, giving him a strange look.

"Well, the fittest bird in town's currently single, well, still single should I say, and she's got a load of cash. Seriously, her Dad's a multi-millionaire. Oh and she's Bianca's older sister,"

Pete looked at him strangely again, "well why on earth wood the towns fittest girl still be single?"

Harry laughed again, "well, she's got a bit of a temper..."

"What d'you mean, I can handle anything!" said Pete. Harry stifled back a laugh,

"well, last week she was shopping in HMV and she thew a DVD set at the manager when he didn't give her a refund, and that's not even it. She refused to leave so they phoned the police, and when they restrained her she decided to bite one of them. Good job her Dad's a millionaire, otherwise she would've been stuck in jail for the night,"

Pete laughed, "Like I said, I can handle anything."