15

Emiko 22,

We are deep in the season of spring, the sun is out, a few clouds are in the sky while the garden is in full bloom bringing on an array of color. It is said to signify earth's greenery as the flowers flourish and enjoyment fills the air. Only I am feeling anything but enjoyment let alone happiness.

I'm irritated.

Why?

She keeps staring at me.

At first I thought that maybe there was something on my face. But I knew that just couldn't be. I had spent two hours getting ready, putting on light makeup, and moisturizing my skin until it was supple and soft to the point you could see it glowing under the shade.

I picked out a two piece matching set, a cute pink shirt and matching shorts and decided to wear heels though now they were sitting a few feet from me. My hair is done up in two low space buns, the loose curls of my braids brushing my shoulders while my edges are light and fluffy, perfectly framing my face. I looked immaculate so I knew it couldn't be my looks.

I thought maybe I smelled but I take showers religiously and the perfume I wear was just complimented moments ago by my mother.

So what could it be?

I still don't know but the looks she's giving me is pissing me off. Has she never seen someone as beautiful as me?

I don't want to be rude and say that everyone outside of Unity was hideous. I know it's rough out there and the resources are tight, so what could it be?

I try to ignore her but I feel her beady little eyes on me, even when I turn my head and admire the flowers or stare at my cousins Eden and Summer to add a comment or two to the conversation. There she is watching me.

I drag my tongue across my teeth, lean back on my hands and gently kick my legs through the rippling water. It's just the four of us sitting around the pool, feet dipped in the water as we talk about the ball the Saigoni's are planning on throwing.

Eden can't decide on what dress she wants to wear while Summer is begging me to make her a custom gown to match whatever suit Lucas wants to wear. Violet is the only one not really saying much, no, all of her focus is spent gawking at me.

I can't tell if she's doing it because she dislikes me or is curious. We've never really spoken since she's been here but mom says she likes her. Violet is a little erratic, definitely a murderer and her manners are poor but that's to be expected.

I don't fault her on that but it was universally known that staring was rude.

"Do you have a date?" Summer asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

I roll my eyes and lean my head back to enjoy the feel of the beaming sun. I was definitely aiming to get a tan and when I got home I planned on heading to my own pool to even it out.

"No, I haven't really been in the dating scene too much." All thanks to Clancy and his consistency in stalking me on my dates. Somehow some way he always ends up finding me and ruins what could potentially be good by inserting himself in my space.

"I think I'll just show up by myself." I tell her honestly. "I don't mind going alone. Maybe I'll find some rich loser that's desperate for some attention." They can entertain me for the night and go home thinking they've won the lottery. Only to find out days later that I'm not interested and have successfully ghosted them.

"I can hook you up with one of my guy friends." Eden offers. "I have like ten on call, they're such good boys."

I grimace, while Eden did have a couple of cute guy friends that's definitely caught my eye they're also not my type. While I like men that are dominant in bed and somewhat outside of that, Eden likes her men docile and willing, kind of like a lost puppy.