Chapter 17

Long chapter ahead. I write chapters consisting of usually 4k+ words but today it's 5k+ words. Take some time to read this one.

"Lunch drama"

Kiara

It is lunch time.

Tina has accompanied me to this nearby cafe which is located just beside our college campus during the lunch break. This cafe is one of the oldest cafeterias in this area. However, it was renovated with modern themed artistic decor a few months ago. The fresh smell of sweetness and piquant items hit my nostrils as we both step inside the cafe.

I was less enthusiastic to go out of the campus in this blazing hot outside. The weather is also muggy which is why it's extremely unbearable. Still Tina has basically managed to convince me to come with her in this cafeteria by using her cute antics and negligible pout.Although I am glad to have agreed with her because of the air conditioner being turned on making the atmosphere cool and comfortable,I feel simply restless and terrible to move here and there during summer. Summer is basically a season which screws up my mood and my day. I can never stay happy for a single day during this summer. This is the amount of hatred I preserve for this season.

"I can't believe that you have basically got free food without even asking for it. You have got so much luck." Tina trails off as she casually takes a seat across me on the comfy couch. Her eyes are shining brightly at the newest piece of information I have delivered to her this morning.I rub my forehead, slightly shaking my head at her topic of conversation.

"I have never wanted it." I mutter slowly. "At least not from Reyansh." I mention firmly making sure to remind her that I am clearly disinterested in anything which is related to him. He is just some unwanted thing in my life which is prodding in my personal life without my permission just like how I am burdened with thousands of responsibilities to make a good career without my permission.

"I don't care who has sent it to you. The fact is that you have been provided such amazing delicacies for free. Dude, who gets fortune like this?" She grins widely.

"I mean, I get this that you and Reyansh have cut off all the connections but I must say that it was an absolutely sweet gesture. I cannot even imagine someone doing that for me. Hashtag forever single." She further adds, her lips forming into a small pout. I ignore her rants and order us some cheese sandwiches.

"Reyansh can be really sweet if he wants to be. He is an overall good guy. Isn't it?" I turn to her, now giving my full attention to her.

"I don't know. All I know is that he should really take some counseling sessions so that he can learn some decencies and territories and also he needs to go through some mental treatment for his bipolar disorder." I emphasize, smiling sweetly at her. It doesn't take her much time to understand that I am being clearly sarcastic.

"Can I know why we are talking about Reyansh now? Aren't we here to take our lunch?" I demand, my tone being sharp and solemn with no trace of humour or frankness. Tina only smiles sheepishly in return and lifts her shoulder in a half shrug.

"I am just saying the fact. Kiara, you can cut off your connection with him but I am still friends with him and I can appreciate him whenever I want." She points out, waving her hands in the air.

"Then you keep praising your Reyansh. I should be going." With that, I shoot up from my seat, preparing to leave from there while grabbing my bag. Before I can do anything, Tina is immediately throwing her arms in the air showing me the sign of surrender and letting out a huge breath.

"Fine. Just sit down and let's take the lunch properly. I am not bringing Reyansh in our conversation anymore." She quickly states, probably noticing my congeal posture and gravity of my words.