ㅤㅤ⇆ . 𝐍𝐲𝐱 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞: Nyx
𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: Primordial Goddess of Night
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬: Chaos (Creation)

𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧:
Nyx was the primordial Greek goddess of the night and a consort to Erebus, the god of darkness. According to the writings of the ancient Greeks, she was one of the first goddesses.

Connected with her consort Erebus, some held that she hatched an egg that created the Earth, sky, and sea. By herself, she produces a brood of children which are personifications of primarily negative forces.

She features in a number of early cosmogonies, which place her as one of the first deities to exist. In the works of poets and playwrights, she lives at the ends of the Earth, and is often described as a black-robed goddess who drives through the sky in a chariot pulled by horses.

In the Iliad, Homer relates that even Zeus fears to displease her. Night is a prominent figure in several theogonies of Orphic literature, in which she is often described as the mother of Uranus and Gaia.

In the earliest Orphic cosmogonies, she is the first deity to exist, while in the later Orphic Rhapsodies, she is the daughter and consort of Phanes, and the second ruler of the gods. She delivers prophecies to Zeus from an adyton, and is described as the nurse of the gods. In the Rhapsodies, there may have been three separate figures named Night.

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧:
With Erebus, she bore Aether and Hemera (Day). And without the assistance of a father, she produced Moros (Doom, Destiny), Ker (Destruction, Death), Thanatos (Death), Hypnos (Sleep), the Oneiroi (Dreams), Momus (Blame), Oizys (Pain, Distress), the Hesperides, the Moirai (Fates), the Keres, Nemesis (Indignation, Retribution), Apate (Deceit), Philotes (Love), Geras (Old Age), and Eris (Strife)

𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬:
Nyx would reside in the depths of Tartarus, the dark recesses of the Underworld, and the dark misty air which swirled around Tartarus was said to be Erebus. Many of the other dark deities of Ancient Greece would also reside there. Each night Nyx would emerge from her cave within Tartarus, and hand in hand with Erebus, would block out the light emitted from Aether, bringing night and darkness to the world.